Author Topic: Scorpion Micro brace arm adjustment  (Read 1289 times)

Offline rbuzz00

Scorpion Micro brace arm adjustment
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:54:15 PM »
Just picked up my new CZ Scorpion Micro. It's a cute little bugger! It's amazing just how compact it is.

I noticed that the internals were really dirty, with lots of particles of whatever all over. I don't think I've ever purchased a new gun that was actually this dirty. Racking the action took way more effort than I thought it should. So I did my normal disassembly and cleaning that I do to every new gun that I buy. Cleaned all all of the gook out of it and then lubed it up and put it back together.  Looks much better. Racking the action is still stiff, but much smoother than before. I'm thinking that once it's had a few rounds through it,  it will improve.

One problem that I did notice concerns the brace arms. The arm on the right side sits about 1/16" away from the body of the pistol while the arm on the left has about 1/4" clearance. The right arm doesn't rub or anything, but it is close and it is noticeably closer than the other side. I didn't really take the brace off to check it out yet, but does anyone know if there is an adjustment that will allow me to center the brace better so that the clearance of the brace arms is equal on both sides?

There doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it that I have found yet. There is one allen screw on the left side of the brace, but I think that just locks the brace from moving once it's installed. There are no allen screws on the right side. I would like to move the brace over a bit, but so far haven't found a way to do it. Any suggestions?

I have a similar SB telescoping brace on a Sig MPX and there are allen screws on both sides. You can loosen allen screw on one side and then tighten the opposite side to draw the brace to the other side, allowing you to center the brace on the pistol. With only one allen screw on the CZ, I haven't found a way to adjust it yet.

Offline M012617

Re: Scorpion Micro brace arm adjustment
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:17:27 PM »
I have one as well and the brace is the same. I think that's how it was designed, dont really see a different way of adjusting it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 12:35:51 AM »
The brace was designed that way as all the guns before mid to late 2018 habe a sling loop molded on the left side of the receiver that the left arm brace strut has to clear. The most recent guns including the micros do not have that sling loop molded onto the left side of thevreceiver, but the arm brace is designed to be reverse compatible with the tons of already produced guns out there on the market.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 06:35:29 AM »
Rbuzz how stable is the brace meaning is there much flex or wobble when fully extended? 
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 10:04:52 AM »
The brace was designed that way as all the guns before mid to late 2018 habe a sling loop molded on the left side of the receiver that the left arm brace strut has to clear. The most recent guns including the micros do not have that sling loop molded onto the left side of thevreceiver, but the arm brace is designed to be reverse compatible with the tons of already produced guns out there on the market.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Thanks for the information. That makes sense. Just in looking at the brace, there didn't seem to be any way to adjust it. You saved me the trouble of having to take it apart to examine.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 10:10:01 AM »
Rbuzz how stable is the brace meaning is there much flex or wobble when fully extended?

To me the brace is very stable. I'm sure that a certain amount of wobble has to be expected for the brace arms to have clearance to slide in the mount.

If you take a ruler and measure the total amount of vertical flex at the extreme end of the brace, mine has 1/8" to 3/16" at the most.  Side to side wobble is about the same.

My experience with similar telescopic braces is about the same. The arms have to have clearance in order to slide. The amount of wobble that I get from the brace on the CZ Micro, IMO, is not a problem. The brace seems to be very sturdy and I am very well satisfied with it.

Offline Apex_speed

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 12:23:48 PM »

It is rock solid.

Offline motorolanut

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 12:39:43 PM »

To me the brace is very stable. I'm sure that a certain amount of wobble has to be expected for the brace arms to have clearance to slide in the mount.

If you take a ruler and measure the total amount of vertical flex at the extreme end of the brace, mine has 1/8" to 3/16" at the most.  Side to side wobble is about the same.

My experience with similar telescopic braces is about the same. The arms have to have clearance in order to slide. The amount of wobble that I get from the brace on the CZ Micro, IMO, is not a problem. The brace seems to be very sturdy and I am very well satisfied with it.

Much appreciated sir

Offline motorolanut

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 12:40:12 PM »

It is rock solid.

Thank you sir.