Author Topic: Problems installing safety on Shadow 2  (Read 916 times)

Offline bkm208

Problems installing safety on Shadow 2
« on: March 14, 2019, 12:49:06 AM »
Please help!
I recently purchased a CZ Shadow 2. Decided to install the extended safety lever. Disassembled the gun and removed the safety.  The sear cage popped out, so I put it back in. Now I can't get either the new or the old safety to go in. The safety lever pin will not align straight through the sear cage and engage with the safety lever on the right side.  The misalignment is causing the round drum just below the left safety level (that fits into the frame hole) to catch on the outside of the frame, so that it cannot be inserted.
* I am aware of the detente plunger and spring that need to be compressed on the left side when inserting the pin. I have done this, but it is irrelevant. The safety lever pin cannot be inserted far enough to make contact with the plunger, anyway.
* I am also aware that leg of the sear spring may need to be moved aside when inserting the safety lever pin.  This is not the problem, and I can easily get the safety lever pin past the spring.
* I tried inserting a guide pin from the other side to guide the safety lever through.  This didn't help because the safety lever pin is catching on the outside of the frame.
* It appears the sear cage is preventing the correct alignment. The sear cage is very rigid when seated and I cannot get it to move or change the alignment without removing it.

Offline ejb1975

Re: Problems installing safety on Shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 01:02:21 AM »
Removing the hammer spring makes this much easier.  You should be able to get the sear cage in place to where you can see straight through the frame, just get it under the sear spring leg then it should hit a wall where you need to compress the safety spring and push it in place. Then put the hammer spring back on in, removing that takes the tension off of everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything