Author Topic: New member with a CZ 82  (Read 1372 times)

Offline 63owner

New member with a CZ 82
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:21:30 AM »
I purchased a CZ 82 from a local individual in a FTF transaction last weekend. I have not had the opportunity to fire it yet. I have a Makarov 9X18 and really like the round and I've heard such good things about the CZ I decided to hunt one down.
When I was looking it over before the purchase I noticed it had a slight rattle. The grips were loose and I thought that was probably the issue.
After the purchase I tightened the grips but still heard the rattle and it's coming from the mag ejector button, which seems quite loose. It ejects the magazine fine from either side though.
I've done a lot of searching on this site and others and can't seem to find any posts relating to this.
Is the loose mag ejector button an issue that I should be concerned about?

Offline Psyop96

Re: New member with a CZ 82
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:47:19 AM »
The 82/83?s ambidextrous release design allows the mag ejector button to freely move laterally just a little bit. It?s a barely audible sound so that?s probably why there?s very little mention of it as an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rock-it3

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 08:45:08 PM »
Hmm, my CZ82, which I picked up a few weeks ago and have not shot yet, is the exact opposite. The mag release button is stiff from both sides, and none of the three mags I have drop free. In fact, two of the three do not drop at all, and the other drops about 1/8". They go in and out tightly from the point that the front surface of the magazine contacts the mag catch. They do not hang up when released, but will pull out without a hitch, but they are snug, and I can feel the magazine dragging on the catch.

I still can't wait to shoot it. Congrats on your purchase, too.

Offline dtomp

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 04:31:09 PM »
I'm not an expert but the mags should drop free. If you search a little there's a thread here somewhere that goes into detail about getting the mags to drop free. It might be as simple as replacing the mag catch spring. Those mags need to drop free, as you might find yourself trying to drop a mag while you reach for another, seconds could mater.

Offline dtomp

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 07:48:12 PM »
I like my mags to drop free. I think I picked up that liking from my 1911's. Some people are just the opposite. I went back and looked at the post I saw about how to make your mags drop free. I should have read the whole post, because this was about the model 75 and a part of the gun called the mag brake. I don't own a model 75 and this rather surprised me. I guess its a piece of metal, flat spring like that keeps tension on the mag so it doesn't accidently get ejected during combat situations. So, I screwed up, but that doesn't mean there isn't an answer in the forum. So, good luck, replacing the mag release spring is all I know.

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 08:31:14 PM »
     Hiya 63owner and welcome from phoenix,arizona. I've owned a similar model in the cz83,the last year they can out and never heard or felt the ejector rattle you have. The operators suggestion that it may be a virtue of the ambi release design,but I bet a dollar when it was engineered or new out of the box there was the rattle. I've had to retighten the grips on the order of every 50 to 100 rounds,but being I replaced the factory plastic with some wood grips from Marchel, even with the washers included I had a fear of over tightening and having a broke grip. Sounds like you jumped in and did a proper research here of past posts to no solution. I'd like to suggest some other possible resources. The cz-usa toll free line might have their phone rep connect you to a cz gunsmith and entertain the problem with a solution including if comparable parts from the 83 are avail and would suffice. Stewart here at the forum has worked at CZC for many years and receptive to pm, email listed at the site or their phone listed. David at cajun is in charge of all that is Cajun gun works and he's been generous with offering suggestions to myself and also easily found in the forum contributing to threads. He goes by "schmeky" is the handle to seek out if ya wanna pm the man. Cheers Be well.