Author Topic: 527 Youth model Carbine is Discontinued - Low $400 prices all over the Net  (Read 2553 times)

Offline Old-Duckman

I have a 527 youth in 7.62x39 and for some reason I did a search last evening on "CZ 527 for sale". Not that I was looking for another one or anything but...IDK, just something to do.

Anyway it took me to "GunWatcher" and I see the Youth Carbines in both 7.62 x 39 and those in .223 are all around $420 to $440-ish range.

I really didn't want another one but at that price I went for one, got it with free shipping...out the "door" for $420. I plan on getting a semi-inletted stock (of a fairly high grade) and stocking it to more an adult sized stock. As most of you know, the barreled action is the same on the youth model as it is on the adult model, all the difference is in the stock.

There were a lot of dealers selling these and either caliber was available.

FYI

Offline rr7135

Man that's a good price!  Even if you buy a full size stock from CZ you will have less in it than if you bought a regular 527!!

Offline david s

That's about what they sell just the receiver/action for.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Sweet! 8)

Offline skin

Thanks for the heads up. I got one on the way. If the stock is short enough, I plan to put my thermal scope on it for the hogs.

Offline aasbra

Congrats and thanks for the heads up.  A few months back, I saw a couple places were offering the 527 Carbine in 7.62x39 with the Rustic stock for down around that price.  Tempting, but I already have one with the walnut so I let it go by.  Enjoy the new rifle!

Offline Bender01

I just bought one! I just pulled it out of the safe and the rear sights glow in the dark! But its facing my target. Anyone else have this reverse green rear sight? The front does not!

Offline Starr1

This is a fantastic deal I couldn't pass up, just ordered a 527 youth in 223 and paid $424. Thank you for the info, much appreciated. No need for me to change the stock as most youth stocks fit me perfect, so i'm guessing this one will be no different. I ordered a DIP scope base for it so I can use any rings I want, and a scope I have many laying around. I'm thinking a Bushnell banner 3-9x40 will be perfect on it. I wasn't shopping for a rifle, just checking into the CZ forum and I came across this post. Some things were just meant to be I guess, strange how things happen.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 06:41:41 PM by Starr1 »

Offline Jeff H

I have a 527 youth in 7.62x39 and for some reason I did a search last evening on "CZ 527 for sale". Not that I was looking for another one or anything but...IDK, just something to do....................

FYI

Old Duckman,
Your opening post spurred me to finally join this forum.  The EXACT same thing happened to me and I still can't remember how/why I stumbled onto that link to Gunwatcher.  I wasn't looking for a new rifle and was far from being "in the market," but there it sits on my bench - a new CZ 527 Youth Carbine in 7.62x39. 

I'm in love with the stock - perfect fit and I'm going to try it on my 22 American to see how that works.  That'll save me cutting the stock on that one if someone's kid grows out of the Youth Carbine stock.  I'm done growing and most stocks are too long for me and I have to cut them down.

I'm new here and butting in on an established thread, but it was cool seeing others as excited about this deal as I was.  I told a few friends about it and none of the got very excited.

Now, I really didn't have that $450 in my budget - what it cost to get it all the way home - but I'd buy four more of these if I could cover the cost.  I'm still waiting for someone to call and tell me I still owe them another $200.

I've had an awful lot of birthdays for no smarter than I feel.

Offline Diamond Jim

You can buy a stock? Direct from CZ? I envy you.

Offline sboone

I started lookin at em thanks to this thread. Seems like every manufacturer that makes a 762x39 bolt gun misses the mark by just a hair
CZ-527- no threaded barrel, and not happy with the mags, proprietaryish optic mounting

Ruger American- no iron sights, the optic rail is machined dumb, closer to the mark with mags but ruger decided to use Mini 30 mags which are rock n lock, instead of tried and true AK mags.

Howa- no irons, only option is a 20" barrel, mags again.

POR QUE!!!!

Offline Jeff H

You can buy a stock? Direct from CZ? I envy you.

I'm assuming one can buy a stock from CZ.  They list them on their site with a price - $170, which is almost 40% of what I paid for the whole Carbine, so my own plan would be to wait for one to come up for trade.  I've seen it happen over and over - every factory gun I buy is "too long" and there's always someone else out there for whom a stock is "too short."  I'm guessing someone who jumps on the Youth Carbine at this price will decide the stock is too short and pine for an adult-sized one.

I have yet to swap stocks between the Youth Carbine and the American, so I don't even know for sure what I'll do yet.  Comparing the two side by side, there's significant drop on the Carbine compared to the American, and the American stock is still low for ideal scope use.  I'm using Calhoun's Hunker rings on the American by the way.  They are about as low as I can get without hitting the scope ("new" bolt handle), so the youth stock on the scoped 222 may not be workable.

For now, until my bifocals make a liar out of me, the plan is to not use a scope on the Youth Carbine, so that stock works great as-is.
I've had an awful lot of birthdays for no smarter than I feel.

Offline eastman

I started lookin at em thanks to this thread. Seems like every manufacturer that makes a 762x39 bolt gun misses the mark by just a hair
CZ-527- no threaded barrel, and not happy with the mags, proprietaryish optic mounting

Ruger American- no iron sights, the optic rail is machined dumb, closer to the mark with mags but ruger decided to use Mini 30 mags which are rock n lock, instead of tried and true AK mags.

POR QUE!!!!

I've never handled an AK that didn't require the mags to rock into place.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline sboone

POR QUE!!!!

I've never handled an AK that didn't require the mags to rock into place.

What I mean is that mini 30 mags are rock n lock, so are AK mags so why not put the nail in the coffin and use AK mags. But no ruger thinks their proprietary mini 30 mags are so great and wants to get people to buy a questionable mini 30 to go with their American, which no one will do, vs using AK mags and probably doubling the amount of rifles theyd sell. They make a 223 that uses AR mags, even if the used 763x39 AR mags thatd be better than mini 30 mags.

Offline Starr1

I picked up the youth 527 carbine today, I was a little concerned with the "youth" model until I saw it and shouldered it. It fits me perfect and it's a very good looking rifle, I'm very satisfied. The rifle was very dry right out of the box, so a good oiling of the entire rifle it received. It has the old style sights on it, not the new F/O sights and that's fine with me also. The rifle has a 1 in 9 twist and the bolt functions very nice and smooth, no play at all. The trigger is superb without me touching it, regular and set trigger both. This rifle is chambered in 223 as I reload for this caliber. I'm in the process of mounting a rail and scope on it now, going to the range tomorrow and can't wait. This rifle was one hell of a bargain at the price I paid, I feel like I kind of stole it some how. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying theirs as much as I am.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 05:04:27 PM by Starr1 »