Author Topic: A couple of questions about the Scorpion Evo  (Read 2121 times)

Offline colo-pr

A couple of questions about the Scorpion Evo
« on: March 14, 2019, 05:21:55 PM »
Hi guys,

New here in the forum.

For awhile I been wanting to get an Scorpion Evo in Pistol configuration, just because I love how it looks and because I am too broke for an MP5 haha.

I finally sold one of my guns so I have the funds, unfortunately there is a huge shortage of Evo's at this time (March 14,2019), nobody have any and who have one in GB is asking for a ridiculous amount of money. I really want to buy before I burn the money in another gun (you know how that goes) I am considering to buy the Pistol model but the one that comes with the faux/fake suppressor where the handguard is like the carbine and is in stock in a couple of places but here is my first question:
The barrel is the same in both models? Can i get the "F-can" model and change the handguard for a short handguard while the barrel still working fine? Can I change them back and forward without problems? I have an Octane 9 in jail so have the long hand guard is going to be cool in the long run.
Did anybody tested if the Octane 9 fits inside the Evo handguard if I go with the Micro?
Did anybody sells barrels for Evo's? I been researching for the 4" like the micro or even a 5" and other than HB industries which never have anything in stock looks like nobody makes those barrels. That hard they are to make?
I never had an Evo in my hands, so I am buying just by internet pictures so is hard to check what I am trying to figure out.

I appreciate any advice, I know myself and if I dont make a purchase soon that money is going to go away really quick LOL

Offline jason.luster.50

Re: A couple of questions about the Scorpion Evo
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 05:38:30 PM »
The 9k does fit in the carbine handguard.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline turgin

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »
I had trouble finding one for sale as well.

Bud's has some in stock. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/search.php/type/Handguns/other/in_stock/q/Cz%20Scorpion%20Evo%203%20S1/sort/relevance

I ordered the pistol with folding brace from there just the other day.

Offline noway

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 06:37:16 AM »
There's at least one carbine on GB at a good price right now. How hard did you look?

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
There's at least one carbine on GB at a good price right now. How hard did you look?

I am looking for Pistol, not carbine.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 09:14:47 AM by colo-pr »

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 09:12:22 AM »
I had trouble finding one for sale as well.

Bud's has some in stock. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/search.php/type/Handguns/other/in_stock/q/Cz%20Scorpion%20Evo%203%20S1/sort/relevance

I ordered the pistol with folding brace from there just the other day.

I just click on that link and there is not a Black Evo in Pistol at all, Only the ODGreen which is everywhere maybe because not many people like the lcolor same as me :-)

I found the pistol with the long handguard cheaper in Kentucky something guns. Anyways, I still dont know if I get the one with the long handguard and be able to change it to the short one.

Offline sergetexan

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
You can replace the carbine handguard on your gun with the pistol hand guard. You need a 21mm extended socket to remove. You will have the carbine barrel nut vs the pistol version, so you won?t have the thread protector or the retainer piece that clips on to the stock flash hider if u plan on making it stock, , not a big deal u can use lock title. I picked up the stock forearm from cz, will go back to the carbine when I get my suppressor as that why I bought this version. It is now to shorten it up though for right now.

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:28 PM »
You can replace the carbine handguard on your gun with the pistol hand guard. You need a 21mm extended socket to remove. You will have the carbine barrel nut vs the pistol version, so you won?t have the thread protector or the retainer piece that clips on to the stock flash hider if u plan on making it stock, , not a big deal u can use lock title. I picked up the stock forearm from cz, will go back to the carbine when I get my suppressor as that why I bought this version. It is now to shorten it up though for right now.

thanks a lot sergetezan. So, when you mention: "carbine barrel nut vs the pistol version" I assume that the barrel of pistol is different from the barrel in the pistol with the carbine handguard?

Offline noway

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

I am looking for Pistol, not carbine.

Sorry. Yes, the pistols on GB have sort of dried up.

Offline sboone

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:59 PM »
I have the Octane 9 HD.  It will fit under the handgaurd but you may run into a couple issues so I'll give you my experience with it.  I use a piston with the fixed spacer on it.

The knurling at 1, that is not machined into the tube of the can, it is an interference thread and holds the blast chamber in the tube.  It is not supposed to dissasmble from the can...ever. I have tried to remove my can from the gun and had it start to unscrew, the heat will loosen up that interference fit if you run alot of rounds in a short time. Arrow 2 points toward the end cap for the barrel side, it is supposed to be hand tight, hand tight may not be enough, Ive had it back out and cause an end cap strike on the muzzle end of the can. I now give it a very quick and careful snug with a wrench, carefully is key since most od rhe octane 9 is aluminium. Basically anything on the octane that can come apart has while I shoot it. It works well 90% of the time, it does a good job and being able to break it down so far is pretty cool. But those are things you want to keep an eye on

Offline st381183

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 11:59:12 PM »
Tri lug is your friend for PCCs.

Offline sboone

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »
I agree, direct thread is not ideal if your handgaurd will cover the majority of the can

Offline sergetexan

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 12:10:52 AM »
The barrel is same for pistol and pistol with carbine hand guard. The barrel nut which holds hand guard in place is same as regular carbine, so you need a long extension to remove or u can buy a tool from HBi or others. So you just take off flash hider, then remove nut, and replace with pistol style, watch the HBi video on putting on handguards and you will see how easy. reason after market hand guards are popular as you do not need to have a nut over the barrel to attach. Good luck in your choice, u really can?t go wrong whatever you choose.

Offline adrian

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 12:50:21 AM »
     Hiya colo-pr and thx for your thread you will find some great advice and get even more project ideas in old threads on the evo. I'd recently sold a gently use one in the 600 dollar range and it had a compensator and CZC trigger pack, a night and day difference in the enjoyment of shooting it and a over 300 option the new owner didn't have to add on. So remember the forum does have a classified section, you can't advertise you are looking till ya get to a certain amount of posts but you sure can buy one there. I've seen many,many guns people have bought NIB and for whatever reason decided to sell, their loss is your gain. And do budget for the ammo 20 25 cents a round don't sound like much, but it gets to 5 and 10 grand sooner than you think.lol.  Hope you find it soon and will look for your first day at the range report then. Be well.

Offline sboone

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 05:50:23 PM »
$.20-.25/round? You shooting Sig Elite gucci ammo specifically? You can buy 9mm regularly for $180/1000rnds and right now you can bet 115 grain blazer and 115,124, 147 american eagle for $160/1000 after rebates. Shop smarter and you can practice more, much more, with better ammo