Author Topic: CGW Reach Reduction kit  (Read 11352 times)

Offline abb1

CGW Reach Reduction kit
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
Hi, I have ordered a CGW Reach Reduction Kit for my Shadow 2, as this will be a huge help with my smaller hands. It looks like it comes with a Disconnector that has to be fitted. Not a problem, but I already HAVE a pre B disconnector installed with little to no pre travel in SA mode. Do I still need to install the CGW one for the reduced reach? Thanks
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline Tok36

Re: CGW Reach Reduction kit
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:36 PM »
The CGW RRK is made up of two integral parts. An RRK disconector and a trigger with a DA pre-travle set scerw. The RRK disco moves the start of the DA rearward. The trigger holds the at rest DA trigger position rearward. Both parts are necessary.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline abb1

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »
Ok, that is what I thought based on the amount of extra metal on that disco. Oh well...... looks like I will have to plan a day for the fitting when it comes in as I hear it is quite time consuming removing the metal from that particular Disco. I was hoping that I could avoid that.  Thanks
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline schmeky

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 04:25:54 PM »
abb1,

Roughly 85% of the time, our disco drops in with no fitting.  If you are in the 15% category, don't worry, we'll be here to help.  Have not had anyone yet, with our assistance, that has not been able to do it.

Offline abb1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 05:35:08 PM »
That is good to hear and good news. I had to do some minor adjustments to the disco that is in my Shadow 2 and it was a pain with installing and uninstalling til I got it just right. Didn?t want to go through that again.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline hansb57

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 08:36:48 AM »
I have a Shadow 2, love it but mainly use it in SA for target shooting.
The trigger creep annoys me and I was wondering if CGW 75800 kit eliminates most of the trigger creep.

Thanks!

Hans

Offline abb1

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 08:49:28 AM »
I have a Shadow 2, love it but mainly use it in SA for target shooting.
The trigger creep annoys me and I was wondering if CGW 75800 kit eliminates most of the trigger creep.

Thanks!

Hans
It all depends on what you mean by 'trigger creep'. If you are talking about the pre-travel (movement before the engaging the sear), then yes, the kit will remove that with the Disconnector provided. If you are talking about the creep as the sear is disengaging, then you will best need the Race Hammer as it has shorter hooks. I believe that CGW sells a trigger kit with all included, but I could be wrong.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline abb1

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 08:52:41 AM »
That is good to hear and good news. I had to do some minor adjustments to the disco that is in my Shadow 2 and it was a pain with installing and uninstalling til I got it just right. Didn?t want to go through that again.
Hi, I got the RRK kit yesterday and it installed without issues, well sort of. All is working good and I love the set up, but the SAFETY NO LONGER ENGAGES at all. Not that it really matters as I dont use the safety in Production Optics, but I will never be able to use the gun for 3 gun matches. Is this normal?
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline schmeky

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 04:30:55 PM »
abb1,

The RRK should have no bearing on your manual safety not working.  Did you install any additional parts? 

Regardless, the safety has to work, so contact us for tech support.  That safety must be functional.

Offline adrian

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 05:13:02 PM »
     Hiya and thx for your thread. And appreciate David letting you know,even tho you don't have issue with the safety not working,the kit had nothing to do with the issue and he wants to offer tech support, hope you take them up on it.
     I've never had an issue with the cost associated with using a professional cz gunsmith. I don't take a thing away from do it yourselfers that do. In my case,the peace of mind is priceless. Be well.

Offline abb1

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 11:00:26 PM »
abb1,

The RRK should have no bearing on your manual safety not working.  Did you install any additional parts? 

Regardless, the safety has to work, so contact us for tech support.  That safety must be functional.
Thank you, I believe that you are right! I had put a Race hammer in it that I had on my CZ Shadow earlier. It was fine on the safety with the Shadow, but I believe that is the culprit as I switched it on to the Shadow 2 the same time I installed the RRK. I will try switching the disconnector on to the factory hammer and hopefully that should fix the safety issue. If I still have the safety issue with the factory hammer, then I will call CGW to troubleshoot.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline Tok36

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 12:12:41 AM »
The safety not working is a standard side effect of installing a race hammer. Changing the disco is unlikely to fix your safety function issue.

There are two options to regain safety function. One is to hand fit your sears upper leg or safety lever pad. The other option is to acquire a Cajun Gun Works adjustable sear.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 07:16:01 AM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline abb1

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2019, 01:43:27 AM »
Well, I tried to install the factory hammer and the disco will need to be fitted to it as the trigger will not reset. For now, I am just going to have to put the custom hammer as at least it works (actually it works great), but the safety does not. I have two choices, 1- keep the race hammer and fit the sear to the safety which I do not like doing as it is difficult for me to get CZ parts in case I screw up, and 2- Use the stock hammer and get disco fitting instructions from CGW (again though, it will be difficult for me to get a replacement Disco if I screw up :( )
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 10:24:09 AM by abb1 »
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline George16

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »
Just buy and install the adjustable sear with the race hammer. No fitting on either the hammer or safety shaft needed with the adjustable sear.

When you installed the race hammer, it changed how it engages he notch of the safety shaft preventing it from being engage. You can either fit the sear or safety(which is a tedious process) or buy and install the adjustable sear and be done with it. Don?t forget to. Yup the spacer if you decide to go with the adjustable sera.

I installed the adjustable sear and spacer on my Shadow 2 when I installed the Competition hammer on it.

Now, for the trigger not resetting, you need to fit the disco. Go slowly and install/reinstall every time you shave the disco.

Offline abb1

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 05:18:53 PM »
Just buy and install the adjustable sear with the race hammer. No fitting on either the hammer or safety shaft needed with the adjustable sear.

When you installed the race hammer, it changed how it engages he notch of the safety shaft preventing it from being engage. You can either fit the sear or safety(which is a tedious process) or buy and install the adjustable sear and be done with it. Don?t forget to. Yup the spacer if you decide to go with the adjustable sera.

I installed the adjustable sear and spacer on my Shadow 2 when I installed the Competition hammer on it.

Now, for the trigger not resetting, you need to fit the disco. Go slowly and install/reinstall every time you shave the disco.
Why would you need to install a spacer? So, I am assuming then that there is no adjustable sear for the Shadow series without firing pin block. Does CGW sell the spacer?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 05:44:36 PM by abb1 »
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom