Author Topic: CGW Reach Reduction kit  (Read 3347 times)

Offline George16

Re: CGW Reach Reduction kit
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »
Just buy and install the adjustable sear with the race hammer. No fitting on either the hammer or safety shaft needed with the adjustable sear.

When you installed the race hammer, it changed how it engages he notch of the safety shaft preventing it from being engage. You can either fit the sear or safety(which is a tedious process) or buy and install the adjustable sear and be done with it. Don?t forget to. Yup the spacer if you decide to go with the adjustable sera.

I installed the adjustable sear and spacer on my Shadow 2 when I installed the Competition hammer on it.

Now, for the trigger not resetting, you need to fit the disco. Go slowly and install/reinstall every time you shave the disco.
Why would you need to install a spacer? So, I am assuming then that there is no adjustable sear for the Shadow series without firing pin block. Does CGW sell the spacer?

Yes, the spacer is required when installing the adjustable sear on a Shadow 2. I have to ask CGW if I needed the spacer when I installed my race hammer and adjustable sear. They (CGW) told me that I need the spacer so I ordered one and installed it along with the adjustable sear and race hammer in my shadow 2.

It?s been working well since then.

Offline abb1

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »

Yes, the spacer is required when installing the adjustable sear on a Shadow 2. I have to ask CGW if I needed the spacer when I installed my race hammer and adjustable sear. They (CGW) told me that I need the spacer so I ordered one and installed it along with the adjustable sear and race hammer in my shadow 2.

It?s been working well since then.
Thanks, I see that as the spacer fills in the gap for the firing pin block. Unfortunately, living in Canada, the adjustable sear is not much of an option as I can get it, but the company I get it from does not have the spacer. I ordered another sear for the shadow 2 and once it arrives, I will fit it to the safety. If it fails, I still will have the original.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline Tok36

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:16 AM »
^^You could make a spacer. It would be as easy as acquiring a tube of the correct diameter and wall thickness then cutting a peace of it of the correct length. It is not really a precision part like most of the rest of the CZ tuning parts. I am unclear on the details of your situation, if you need the specs of the part let me know.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:39:24 AM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline abb1

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:42 AM »
Well, all is good! I received my factory sear installed it in the S2, and took metal away a little at a time until the safety engaged. It is now working perfectly and I can honestly say that the RRK is a necessary upgrade for the Shadow 2. I can't believe the difference!
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline GMP

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Just did the RRK in my Shadow 2 this weekend.  This finishes off
all the CGW mods I did incrementally.  I did
not need to fit the the disco for reset function but did polish it.  Gun feels
great, will shoot this week.  Question for you guys is how
light of a main spring can you get away with for reliable ignition in DA with Federal primers?  The reduced travel of the hammer in DA is obvious.  Never had a light strike yet with the #11.5 and ext firing pin w/light FP spring,  even with some CCI primers.
Glenn

CZ P09
Beretta APX
CZ Shadow 2