Author Topic: CGW Reach Reduction kit  (Read 11358 times)

Offline George16

Re: CGW Reach Reduction kit
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 09:18:29 PM »
Just buy and install the adjustable sear with the race hammer. No fitting on either the hammer or safety shaft needed with the adjustable sear.

When you installed the race hammer, it changed how it engages he notch of the safety shaft preventing it from being engage. You can either fit the sear or safety(which is a tedious process) or buy and install the adjustable sear and be done with it. Don?t forget to. Yup the spacer if you decide to go with the adjustable sera.

I installed the adjustable sear and spacer on my Shadow 2 when I installed the Competition hammer on it.

Now, for the trigger not resetting, you need to fit the disco. Go slowly and install/reinstall every time you shave the disco.
Why would you need to install a spacer? So, I am assuming then that there is no adjustable sear for the Shadow series without firing pin block. Does CGW sell the spacer?

Yes, the spacer is required when installing the adjustable sear on a Shadow 2. I have to ask CGW if I needed the spacer when I installed my race hammer and adjustable sear. They (CGW) told me that I need the spacer so I ordered one and installed it along with the adjustable sear and race hammer in my shadow 2.

It?s been working well since then.

Offline abb1

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »

Yes, the spacer is required when installing the adjustable sear on a Shadow 2. I have to ask CGW if I needed the spacer when I installed my race hammer and adjustable sear. They (CGW) told me that I need the spacer so I ordered one and installed it along with the adjustable sear and race hammer in my shadow 2.

It?s been working well since then.
Thanks, I see that as the spacer fills in the gap for the firing pin block. Unfortunately, living in Canada, the adjustable sear is not much of an option as I can get it, but the company I get it from does not have the spacer. I ordered another sear for the shadow 2 and once it arrives, I will fit it to the safety. If it fails, I still will have the original.
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline Tok36

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 04:33:16 AM »
^^You could make a spacer. It would be as easy as acquiring a tube of the correct diameter and wall thickness then cutting a peace of it of the correct length. It is not really a precision part like most of the rest of the CZ tuning parts. I am unclear on the details of your situation, if you need the specs of the part let me know.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 07:39:24 AM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline abb1

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 08:45:42 AM »
Well, all is good! I received my factory sear installed it in the S2, and took metal away a little at a time until the safety engaged. It is now working perfectly and I can honestly say that the RRK is a necessary upgrade for the Shadow 2. I can't believe the difference!
CZ Czechmate
CZ Shadow 2 OR
CZ Shadow Canadian ‘ShadowMate’
CZ75 Shadowline
CZ SP-01 Phantom

Offline GMP

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2019, 02:56:31 PM »
Just did the RRK in my Shadow 2 this weekend.  This finishes off
all the CGW mods I did incrementally.  I did
not need to fit the the disco for reset function but did polish it.  Gun feels
great, will shoot this week.  Question for you guys is how
light of a main spring can you get away with for reliable ignition in DA with Federal primers?  The reduced travel of the hammer in DA is obvious.  Never had a light strike yet with the #11.5 and ext firing pin w/light FP spring,  even with some CCI primers.
Glenn

CZ P09
Beretta APX
CZ Shadow 2

Offline ES13Raven

• Frag Out!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 11:00:42 PM »
Roughly 85% of the time, our disco drops in with no fitting.  If you are in the 15% category, don't worry, we'll be here to help.  Have not had anyone yet, with our assistance, that has not been able to do it.

What are the recommended tools for filing and polishing this area of the disco?  Hand files? Stone? Dremel?

“A shooting competition isn't a gun fight, but a gun fight is most definitely a shooting competition.” - Massad Ayoob

NRA - Life Member | NRA Certified Instructor
SAF - Life Member | CRPA - Life Member
GOA - Life Member

Offline schutz85C

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2022, 11:54:30 PM »
I would try 600 grit sandpaper and  follow up with 800 or 1000 grit to polish. Wrap the sandpaper around some popsicle stick that is cut to fit that surface...

Since you might just need to polish out a bit at a time. P.S use one way sweeps not back and forth. A bit at a time.
Takes patience !!

A right sized flat file may work but you need to be sure you don't go too aggressive. Files come in various grades...med,fine etc..

Since pistols are all quite individual, what one person has to do is not what another person needs to do...

dremel might be too aggressive!!

Who knows,your disco might drop in...

good luck!!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 12:00:38 AM by schutz85C »
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline ES13Raven

• Frag Out!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2022, 01:42:49 AM »
I would try 600 grit sandpaper and  follow up with 800 or 1000 grit to polish. Wrap the sandpaper around some popsicle stick that is cut to fit that surface...

I have a basic 5-piece needle file set, and I’ve been filing for 15 minutes straight. My micrometer says I haven’t made much progress.
“A shooting competition isn't a gun fight, but a gun fight is most definitely a shooting competition.” - Massad Ayoob

GOA - Life Member

Offline George16

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2022, 07:27:48 AM »

I have a basic 5-piece needle file set, and I’ve been filing for 15 minutes straight. My micrometer says I haven’t made much progress.
I used a diamond-encrusted dremel attachment when I did mine. Go slow and measure often. I did one light pass then measure multiple times until I got it working properly.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2022, 07:33:26 PM »
I used a diamond-encrusted dremel attachment when I did mine. Go slow and measure often. I did one light pass then measure multiple times until I got it working properly.

Same here.

I used one like this.

Offline ES13Raven

• Frag Out!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 09:59:47 PM »
Same here.

I used one like this.

That cylinder looks big. Were you able to get into the corner ok?

GOA - Life Member

Offline Tok36

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2022, 10:26:23 PM »

I did not encounter any issues. The Dremel bit pictured is closer to the camera than the disconnector, so it appears slightly larger then it is. Note: the disco pictured is a T3 and may be different from what you are working on. I did not read through the whole thread.

The diameter of the bit pictured is 0.180" for reference.

Offline George16

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2022, 08:43:35 AM »
Same here.

I used one like this.

It’s not really that big in person. The camera makes it look too big but it isn’t.

I didn’t have any problems using it. Just make sure you go slow. Don’t try to do it in one pass.

Offline CZfanboy

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2022, 02:34:10 PM »
i installed the rrk t2 on my cz 75d pcr. now the single action wont work when the slide cycles back. it does work if i manually cock back the hammer. any ideas of how to fix it? seems like the disconnector is sliding off of the trigger bar.

Offline 03snake

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2022, 02:44:34 PM »
i installed the rrk t2 on my cz 75d pcr. now the single action wont work when the slide cycles back. it does work if i manually cock back the hammer. any ideas of how to fix it? seems like the disconnector is sliding off of the trigger bar.

Just call/email them. They will know exactly what needs to be done and will walk you through it. Great customer service.