Author Topic: Not happy that my posted was taken down.  (Read 234 times)

Offline Yonkers873

• BANNED
Not happy that my posted was taken down.
« on: March 15, 2019, 12:42:58 PM »
Took the time to write about a negative experience that I had today with Cajun Gun Works and it was taken down without my knowledge. Last time I checked we still have free speach in this country. Perhaps one of the moderators can chime in on this topic.

Offline Hammer Time

Re: Not happy that my posted was taken down.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:13 PM »
You do still have free speech in this country.

And in this case, the best way to handle it would probably have been to contact CGW directly and have a civil conversation with them.

In the event that this did not yield the results you were looking for, you might have thought through how you described your experience in the angry rant you posted earlier (yes, I read it before it was taken down), and maybe phrased things more constructively, if a productive solution to your issue is what you were really looking for.

I have no active role in the management of this forum, I'm just a member. And like I said, I read your post....or tried to, anyway.

Again - you have free speech. You can go and stand on a soapbox in the middle of town and rant about whatever you want until you're blue in the face (or law enforcement decides you are disturbing the peace). But independently managed forums (much like most social media, etc) are not covered by the First Amendment, just like you don't have a "right" to walk into my living room and begin yelling at me. You are at the mercy of the moderators, like it or not. And in my experience so far, they are pretty tolerant, as long as you act like an adult and approach things respectfully and constructively.

I sincerely hope you find a good solution to your dilemma.

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »
Took the time to write about a negative experience that I had today with Cajun Gun Works and it was taken down without my knowledge. Last time I checked we still have free speach in this country. Perhaps one of the moderators can chime in on this topic.

I didn’t get to read your post so I don’t know the context. That is frustrating and I am sorry. I’ve seen such interactions before and here’s my advice:

1) This is a privately owned platform. Don’t pander free speech. There are rules and guidelines. You may not have broken them but you just have to be polite in seeking resolution with Armoredman.

2) Be polite in seeking a resolution. Our mods deal with some crappy people and may come across as tough at times. They’re doing a job I don’t want to do and they’ll be polite if you are.

If your come out swinging instead of being polite and seeking context then it generally goes poorly.

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Yonkers873

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
I didn’t say anything off putting in my post... I thought I was polite and simply stated what was said and that a resolution wasn’t reached. I’m trying to help people and explain that I had a negative experience and that it would be good for others to be informed that there was no resolution to be had.

Offline Yonkers873

• BANNED
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:44:02 PM »
Obviously I insulted someone with my post. Again it wasn’t a rant and I’m frustrated that someone who is obviously a fan of CGW decided to remove my post, since I took time to write it. You could have asked me to modify it, but the truth is it was perfectly fine, and grammatically correct. So I don’t see why it was taken down. Am I to understand that the more bullets you have under your name the more administrative rights you have? And again, I was polite. Hammer Time just didn’t like that I was speaking negatively about CGW.

Offline Yonkers873

• BANNED
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:55:48 PM »
Furthermore I even explained that I was partly to blame. So to Hammer Time, thanks for taking down my post so nobody else  could read it and make their own decision. I realized that I was being critical but a compromise in any way would have been appreciated.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »
Furthermore I even explained that I was partly to blame. So to Hammer Time, thanks for taking down my post so nobody else  could read it and make their own decision. I realized that I was being critical but a compromise in any way would have been appreciated.

Dude, I already made it abundantly clear that I'm just a member here, and I have no role in the management of this forum. So no, I did not take your post down.

SP-01 Tac

P-07

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live long, and Prosper'
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:59:24 PM »
I took it down, and I could care less about how you feel.

A member for 3 years and your first post is a gripe about how you were treated by one of the most respected gunsmiths and long standing member of this forum?

Take a hike.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.