Author Topic: Accu Shadow Accuracy Problems  (Read 934 times)

Offline funkydstone

Accu Shadow Accuracy Problems
« on: March 19, 2019, 09:32:02 PM »
I have wanted an AccuShadow for a long time and I finally got one. To my disappointment it could not shoot straight, so I checked out the rifling and the fit.  I could not find anything out of the ordinary.
With 147 grain extreme at 129 PF I was getting 6 to 7 inch groups at 20 yards.  I also shot 124 grain Rainer HP 127 PF and got the same results.  It wasn't until I used 95 grain Montana gold and even then it only got 4 to 5 inch groups at 20 yards. I contacted Rob at CZ Custom and he told me since the gun was three years old and I didn't buy it from them that they were unwilling to make it right.   He offered to give me a factory barrel that would not properly fit since my AccuShadow has the Ausralian barrel. I DECLINED.   :(
Has anyone had this problem before? 

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: Accu Shadow Accuracy Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »
Which problem?

A gun they can't shoot well?

A gun that won't shoot well?

A gunsmith who offers a partial solution to a problem they had no part in creating?
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:36:55 PM »
Something doesn?t seem right.  Has it been shot off a rest?  Has someone else shot it?

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:38:05 PM »
The barrel that he offered the same diameter?  If so, it can fit it just wont stick outside of the slide like the Aussie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline funkydstone

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:50:14 PM »
Yes I shot it on a rest and someone better than me that also owns an AccuShadow shot it. We were both scratching our heads. I am going to use a factory barrel out of my other shadow and try that out If that doesn't work I'm sending it to Matt Mink. I have a Barsto barrel I might have Matt fit that for me. 

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 08:58:58 AM »
How are you just finding out that after 3 years it "doesn't shoot straight"? Did you buy it used? If so, how do you know the previous owner hasn't jacked around with anything to cause the supposed accuracy deficiency?

Put it in a ransom rest and take all human error out of the question and see what it does. From my understanding, all Accu guns are test fired for accuracy before they leave their shop. If it shot as bad as you're saying - it would never have made it out the door. Somewhere between CZC and you - something has gone wrong.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 01:38:12 PM by Raining_Brass »

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 01:31:34 PM »
     Hiya funkydstone and usually I'd say thanks for the thread, and I often find myself giving a warm welcome to the initial poster just finding the community here.
So what ever agenda and alternate facts you care to share thanks but no thank you.
     The operator is going to try the barrel of his other shadow to remedy his situation, sounds like the same solution that a representative at CZC offered but sold to us as his expression of non willingness to make it right. Add insult to representing that another business has offered to make it right. Sharing that the weapon is three years old and with cz providing 5 year warranty,no reference to communication to cz-usa is mentioned as being his first call for assistance.
     Since I've owned the Accu treatment in shadow and 97b platforms, of course anything but 1 to 2" groups out of a rest, we would knee jerk empathize with the operator. But to consider what motivated the tone,content,context of this operators need to seek us out, its not the need to make america great again. Be well.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
This thread is worthless

Locked.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything