GENERAL > A Day at the Range!

First session w new (to me) Canik TP9SF - yikes

(1/2) > >>

Due51:
I've had my eye on this TP9SF at the LGS where I bought my P07.  It's desert sand (I'm a sucker for cerakoted pistols) and I just couldn't stop wanting it. And it was a real good price, so yesterday I made a deal and took it home.

Got to the range and at 5 yards, she shot pretty good.  Just what I expect.  The trigger is everything I heard and read, but the reset was better than I could have imagined.

Moved the target out to 10 yards (10shots) then 15 yards (10 shots) and.........yikes.  Shooting WAY high and left.  I'm no marksman but consider myself a pretty good shot, and this is totally uncharacteristic for me.  The gun has Warren Tactical sights (which I still need to research) but I need to address this asap.

Open to suggestions as I've never really had to adjust sights on a handgun before.

Practical Shooter:
Windage adjustment is an easy affair you can do on your own (Better use a Sight Pusher), but elevation is another matter.
If you know for certain your gun shoots too high (or too low), it is due to the barrel to frame relation.
Your only recourse is to get an adjustable rear sight, and maybe a matching front sight. You will then be able to adjust the rear sight to the exact and precise location of the bullet hole on the target, which no standard sight can match.

Due51:
I've been in contact with Century Arms and Warren Tactical Sights.  Century offered to send new sights, which I think I'll take.  Warren makes taller front sights - all I have to do is figure how much taller I need.  They have a formula on their website but everything is based on 25 yards poi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwc007:
Congratulations on your new-to-you Canik TP9SF and may it serve you well!  8)  :)

I have an original early Canik TP9V1 and it's been excellent so far.  Its also one of my favorite Winter Carry Pistols!  :)

Canik TP9V1 with spare Magazine

Due51:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version