CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ75, 75b, 75 SAO inc the Transitional

75B in 40 S/W - thoughts?

(1/4) > >>

Goju:
My local LGS has a used 75B in the case, for what seems to be a favorable price. The gun is used but not abused - appears to be stock with the exception of a SS guide rod and Hogue rubber grips.
I?ve never really considered owning a .40. While many manufacturers have various models chambered for it, the guns were designed for the 9mm and not the best performers with the .40 (i.e BHP). So I am interested to hear experiences of how the 75B performs in .40? Thanks in advance

ejb1975:
I recently got a 75b SA in .40, i was looking for a SA because it comes with full beaver tail vs. the short one on the regular B .40
It handles .40 very well, I prefer 9mm so I found a 9mm SP-01 barrel and fit it to the gun and it runs both great.  I wouldn?t be afraid to pick it up for a good price. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruber:
That?s funny, I was about to jump in and exclaim the 75 in .40 is a great platform until I read the BHP comment....

I really like the HP in .40, but mine is tuned nicely for it.

Comparatively, the 75b is heavier, so less recoil energy, but not nearly as comfortable as a hi power or beretta 96, so trade-offs.

But when I do develop new loads, I use the CZ.  And I also fitted a 9mm sp01 barrel and Kadet kit to the CZ, so it is a nice 3-caliber combo.  But for extended range sessions with .40, I do prefer the browning or beretta.

Can?t go wrong if the price is right!

Enjoy!

Goju:
Thanks for your comments. I guess worst case, I could use the lower for my Kadet. Not sure I am interested in setting up to reload for the .40.

Ruber:
If it helps, here is a recent pic of mine with a witness.  With the wood grips, my thumb knuckle doesn?t get battered.  I also use grip tape front and back and an 85C trigger from cgw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version