Author Topic: Original Full Nitride Shadow 2 on GB  (Read 4293 times)

Offline ejb1975

Original Full Nitride Shadow 2 on GB
« on: March 23, 2019, 04:37:15 PM »
Not sure I?ve ever seen one of these come up for sale if anyone is looking.  One of the super unicorns ?1 of 80?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline n8vmdpath

Re: Original Full Nitride Shadow 2 on GB
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »
So polycoat painted over nitrite/tennifer/melonite-type treatment?    wouldn't it look better without polycoat? More traditional hot blued-like finish

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »
Thats a CGW tag.

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 05:26:08 PM »
So polycoat painted over nitrite/tennifer/melonite-type treatment?    wouldn't it look better without polycoat? More traditional hot blued-like finish

No, all S2 slides are Nitride only, so frame matches slide on these

Offline n8vmdpath

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 05:30:11 PM »

No, all S2 slides are Nitride only, so frame matches slide on these

Got it... I reside in kalifornistan so we can't buy S2..  so best we can do is SP-01 + CGW pro pack

Offline Wrecks

Original Full Nitride Shadow 2 on GB
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 09:26:54 PM »
Trying to charge 2400 for what amounts to a factory second should be criminal. You could just go buy a Shadow 2 and pay someone to recoat it and save 1000 dollars.

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 09:38:18 PM »
Trying to charge 2400 for what amounts to a factory second should be criminal. You could just go buy a Shadow 2 and pay someone to recoat it and save 1000 dollars.

These guns were were 1400 new, and no telling how much in Cajun work was done (at least 400) and there were only 80 of them in the US.      It?s not just about the finish,  kinda like the steel frame compacts everyone went nuts over because they were scarce. I?d love to have it.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 10:09:49 PM »
Only problem is that it?s the frame style that people are reporting is prone to cracking

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
Only problem is that it?s the frame style that people are reporting is prone to cracking

All Shadow 2 frames are the same, this is no different.  I?ve got 2 S2?s and have had no issue with either

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »
Not really though. The rarity and entire reason why CZ stopped offering it is because the only ones offered with the nitride frame were frames which were 100% flawless after the casting process. 
We have blasted and Cerakoted a LOT of CZ frames - every single one has had casting imperfections to at least some extent. Which is why they're polycoated. It's thick and covers the imperfections.

So yes, you could simply have any other S2 frame nitrided, but it will not be as nice.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 10:25:33 PM »

All Shadow 2 frames are the same, this is no different.  I?ve got 2 S2?s and have had no issue with either

CZ made a change to the S2 frame. The second gen of the frame has a relief cut in the frame where the slide stop / take down pin goes.  Do a quick search and you?ll see what I?m talking about.

I have 2 S2s. One is the older frame and one has the relief cut.

Offline Wrecks

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 10:26:37 PM »
Guys it's not a rare collector's edition or something. it's a factory run of something that they later decided to change because it was suboptimal. Just because only 80 of them were made doesn't make it more valuable.

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 10:31:38 PM »
Just because only 80 of them were made doesn't make it more valuable.
Maybe not to you, but rarity does indeed tend to make things more valuable. I suspect that seller won't have a problem at all getting at least his opening bidding price.

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2019, 10:36:22 PM »
Guys it's not a rare collector's edition or something. it's a factory run of something that they later decided to change because it was suboptimal. Just because only 80 of them were made doesn't make it more valuable.

Collector editions rarely carry the value of discontinued premium models in any arena.  This model wasn?t supposed to be so rare which is what makes it so unique.  I remember 99021?s and 99041?s going for over 2k And there were like 1500 of them made.  If it?s hard to find and desirable, it?s definitely going to be worth whatever someone is willing to pay

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2019, 11:04:58 PM »

Collector editions rarely carry the value of discontinued premium models in any arena.  This model wasn?t supposed to be so rare which is what makes it so unique.  I remember 99021?s and 99041?s going for over 2k And there were like 1500 of them made.  If it?s hard to find and desirable, it?s definitely going to be worth whatever someone is willing to pay

Exactly. It's interesting that it was never supposed to only be 80. CZ was going to have them as available as any of the other S2 models, but they quickly discontinued it when they realized how incredibly rare 100% flawless frames were to come across.