Author Topic: Thinking Hard About a P07  (Read 6033 times)

Offline JT79

Thinking Hard About a P07
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »
Hello everyone. As the title says, I’m thinking very hard about purchasing a P07. Unfortunately there isn’t one available for rent near me so it’ll be a blind purchase. I’ve never bought one I absolutely hated so I’m not to worried about it, especially with all the positive articles and video reviews I’ve seen during research. I’ve been wanting a DA/S.A. again for a while now and I think I’ve found a winner. Now I have to decide on the standard model or the urban gray...

Would love to hear some feedback for those like me who’ve been shooting striker fired for a while and going back to DA/SA. Thanks guys

Talk me into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline seebee62

Re: Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »
I love my P07. It was my first DA/SA.

Super comfortable grip in my opinion. Conceals great even with a 15+2 mag.

I like the trigger stock. The only thing I plan to get for it are Night Sights.

It’s functioned flawlessly for 500 rounds.

It’s a excellent carry gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Due51

Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »
I just went to the range again with my 'less than a month old" OD Green baby.  I installed the CGW extended firing pin and 18# main spring after polishing the trigger bar, safety block and other internals.  It's a hell of a pistol and a pleasure to shoot.  I have big hands and the P07 fits nicely in my mitts. 

I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to adding another CZ in the future.
CZ P07
Sig P229 Legion & P238
RIA m1911 A2 10mm
Hi-Standard H-D Military
Let's Go Blue!

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »
My advice is to go to a large gun show and buy only after you pick one with a good trigger.  If you get one with a good trigger, you’ll love it.  Trust me on this.  Buy in person.

Offline roadrunner1

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 09:21:58 PM »
I brought mine through the internet, no complaints. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:39:29 PM »
Bought my P07 about 6 or 7 years ago (8?? - time flies these days).

Took it to the range, shot it.  Came home, cleaned it up and lubed it and put the M&P's and XDM's in the gun safe with the Glock and Browning and even a couple of the 1911's.  Then I bought a P09, and another P09 and then a CZ85 (Pre B model that needed to be rescued and rebuilt).

I really wanted an OD Green P07 a year or so back and so far haven't seen the first one.  The "need" is kind of fading now and I dream of different CZ's.

But the original P07 is my EDC handgun.  Added an RMR, back up sights and a cerakote job from Primary Machine and made it even better.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline tomjbyron

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 10:21:33 PM »
The P-07 was my second CZ. I added the Cajun Gun Works Pro-Grade kit, and polished the internals per the guide in the gunsmithing board. It shoots smooth and the trigger is great. My urban grey model just adds some nice variety to all the other black guns I own.

I picked up a P-09 for competition and now looking at another P-07. For this one, I plan to get it cut for an RMR and make it my primary carry gun.

Offline JT79

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 10:26:05 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback. My wife and I just finished watching a couple more videos. We’re headed to an indoor range in the area soon we’ve been told has one for rent.  I’m really liking the urban gray. I have no need for a threaded barrel but the look is getting me excited, which is surprising, I have always preferred my guns to be black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline okie21

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 01:19:35 AM »
I just bought a used 1st Gen P07 Duty. I've had 1 range trip and put 400 rounds thru it. I was very impressed. So much so that I will probably carry it when I'm comfortable with it.
  I've been carrying a 1st gen M&P 9c for about 2 years and I love that little pistol. I was thinking of upgrading to the 2.0 when I saw the P07 at my LGS. I checked it out and couldn't resist, so I bought it. Going from a striker to a hammer fired will take some getting used to. I need to work on the DA before I decide to make it my carry gun.  But for my 1st CZ, I love it.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 04:55:20 AM »
I just plain will not buy any gun of any kind if I can't physically inspect it beforehand. As suggested above find a gun show or a dealer that you can visit and handle the gun first.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 05:54:08 AM »
I just plain will not buy any gun of any kind if I can't physically inspect it beforehand. As suggested above find a gun show or a dealer that you can visit and handle the gun first.

Not to keep this up too much (:)), but I just won't buy a P gun on the net again - too much chance of a bad trigger.  I did TALK to one dealer and got a decent one - grit but no stacking and with polishing and CGW parts, its great.  BUT.... there are plenty out there that EVEN WITH CGW and polishing, they won't be that nice in DA. 

Offline adrian

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 07:03:29 AM »
     Hiya JT79 and thanks for the thread. Glad to see you have family support in your endeavor. And of course your brothers here are available to help talk you into another gun purchase. I've owned a few striker/partial polymer cz's and tanfoglio platforms, excellent shooters,excellent value. Do admit a preference to the steel/alloy,but a little extra weight never scared me and its worked out so far.
     It was a rental 75b that made me a cz  fan years ago, I got turned down wanting to buy it, suppose selling rentals cuts into news sales to much. So look forward to your range report soon. Be well.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2019, 07:44:42 AM »
The P07 is a great handgun. Really is a small package. The only other DA/SA polymer handgun I think gives it a run is the PX4 Compact. I am on my second P07. First one I woned for about a year and sold it. Missed it almost right away. Then I got an OD Green one with night sights. After a couple trips back to CZ for a dead night sight, it is now good to go. I have a few CGW parts in it and some polishing. Have about 300 rounds through it so far.

Funny thing is that the trigger are different from gun to gun it seems. I did the exact same mods to the P07 as the P09 I have and the P09 trigger is a little better. The urban grey color is pretty awesome. My P09 and P01 are both UG SR models and I really like the color. Hope you find one and are happy with it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 07:43:54 AM by Claymore504 »

Offline badwrench

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
I just went to the range again with my 'less than a month old" OD Green baby.  I installed the CGW extended firing pin and 18# main spring after polishing the trigger bar, safety block and other internals.  It's a hell of a pistol and a pleasure to shoot.  I have big hands and the P07 fits nicely in my mitts. 

I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to adding another CZ in the future.

Pertty much what I did, except I also installed a reduced power trigger return spring, and, instead of polishing any internals, I let the pistol do that itself via lots of rounds down range..One other thing I did, and this is purely optional, was to have the barrel black nitrided.. for some reason, CZ insists on using a finishing chamber reamer as one of the last steps in finishing the barrel, and, they leave the chamber in the white, which IMO, is not a good idea for a pistol intended as a carry gun.. But the bright side is, it's easily corrected. The P07 is IMO  a vastly underrated pistol, and one that's often overlooked..And that's a shame.. with just a little tuning like I did, can turn these into a superb little CCW, I have a OD green P07, with factory night sights..Out of the box, the sights are dead on, and required NO adjustment..I've probably got about, 1500rnds on mine with zero issues, it just keeps getting better and better, I would'nt hesitate to reccomend one, and that's another thing..Price, I've seen these for sale both online, and in LGS's for under $500, quite often, that's a baragin..

Offline Due51

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 11:02:46 AM »

Pertty much what I did, except I also installed a reduced power trigger return spring, and, instead of polishing any internals, I let the pistol do that itself via lots of rounds down range..One other thing I did, and this is purely optional, was to have the barrel black nitrided.. for some reason, CZ insists on using a finishing chamber reamer as one of the last steps in finishing the barrel, and, they leave the chamber in the white
I'm not familiar with that term "in the white".  Can you explain further?

Price, I've seen these for sale both online, and in LGS's for under $500, quite often, that's a baragin..
I got my OD Green for $520 out the door.
CZ P07
Sig P229 Legion & P238
RIA m1911 A2 10mm
Hi-Standard H-D Military
Let's Go Blue!

anything