Author Topic: Thinking Hard About a P07  (Read 6255 times)

Offline JT79

Re: Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
Got my hands on one and wasn’t disappointed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dwright

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2019, 06:24:05 PM »
I bought a p-07 in February.  I've put 800 rounds through it and it's been flawless and super accurate right out of the box.  The trigger on mine is great with no mods done and none planned.  I replaced the front sight with a DP FO.  I handled the p-07 a bunch of times but didn't shoot it before I bought it. 

I really wanted to love this gun but I just don't and I'm not sure why.   It's a great gun just not for me

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »
I rented a P-07 at a local range before I bought my first one.  I was initially really impressed with the single-action, but my double-action accuracy was pretty dismal, coming from experience with striker-fired pistols mainly.  I bought my first one at a local big box retailer in 2017 without dry-firing it, and my second one sight unseen from an internet gun seller in 2018, and I guess I got lucky both times.  After lots of DA practice, dry and live fire, and a lot of CGW enhancements to both, they are both some pretty awesome shooters with smooth DA pulls and SA pulls without creep.  The springs, DA rollers, and hammers from CGW made a huge difference in both of them.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2019, 08:08:10 PM »
I just went to the range again with my 'less than a month old" OD Green baby.  I installed the CGW extended firing pin and 18# main spring after polishing the trigger bar, safety block and other internals.  It's a hell of a pistol and a pleasure to shoot.  I have big hands and the P07 fits nicely in my mitts. 

I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to adding another CZ in the future.

Pertty much what I did, except I also installed a reduced power trigger return spring, and, instead of polishing any internals, I let the pistol do that itself via lots of rounds down range..One other thing I did, and this is purely optional, was to have the barrel black nitrided.. for some reason, CZ insists on using a finishing chamber reamer as one of the last steps in finishing the barrel, and, they leave the chamber in the white
I'm not familiar with that term "in the white".  Can you explain further?

Price, I've seen these for sale both online, and in LGS's for under $500, quite often, that's a baragin..
I got my OD Green for $520 out the door.

The term " in the white" means the metal is left with no finish..no bluing, black oxide, etc nothing.. in this case, CZ finish chambers the barrel using a reamer, probably a small amount of metal is removed, and it is left with no protective finish on it. IMO, a bad idea for a carry gun ..Note that Glock, HK, even S&W Black nitrides their barrels AFTER all the machining operations are done, Black nitride goes by several different names, but basically, it's the same process..HK, calls it their "Hostile Enviroment" finish,  S&W calls it "Melonite" and Glock has used "Tennifer" while not rust proof it is however very,very rust resistant, and not a bad idea  www.blacknitride.com   these folks have done some CZ pistol barrels for me, as well as a entire pistol, my "SP01 compact" I had the frame, slide, barrel, saftey levers, done..it turned out great..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 08:18:50 PM by badwrench »

Offline JT79

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 05:01:03 PM »
Mines been ordered and shipped today. Should be in Friday.  Will get to shoot it for the first time as my wife shoots her new M17 for the first time also. Should be a fun day.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 10:37:19 AM »
This post also got me thinking about a P-07. I've been thinking about them for a while, but for some reason something else always follows me home instead. But no more. I brought this beauty home yesterday.

Don't understand why I didn't do it before.

Offline @mindset_1st

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 11:30:17 AM »
my p07 has if I should guess about 15k rounds through it

Offline JT79

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »
This post also got me thinking about a P-07. I've been thinking about them for a while, but for some reason something else always follows me home instead. But no more. I brought this beauty home yesterday.

Don't understand why I didn't do it before.

Nice! I struggled hard deciding between the urban gray and threaded barrel vs standard black and ended up ordering black. Pretty sure if they would have had the urban gray in store that would have came home with me as well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
On the metal framed pistols the frame and slide are urban gray. 
I wonder why the plastic framed pistols come with a black slide?
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline badwrench

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »
On the metal framed pistols the frame and slide are urban gray. 
I wonder why the plastic framed pistols come with a black slide?

If I had to guess, it'd be that the P07/09 and P10 slides are all black nitrided, where as the metal framed guns are polycoated..one can mix polycoat up in several different colors, as it is basically a sprayed on finish, Black nitride? You can have any color you want, as long as it's Black.. Considering the rust resistant properties of Black Nitride, I'd rather have that..
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 03:54:29 PM by badwrench »

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »
The CZ black nitride is superb!  Much better than polycoat. 

Offline timetofly

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 08:08:52 PM »
Mines been ordered and shipped today. Should be in Friday.  Will get to shoot it for the first time as my wife shoots her new M17 for the first time also. Should be a fun day.

A comparison of the P-07 and the M-17 would be interesting.  Could you follow up with a range report and Pictures?

Thank you in advance.

Offline JT79

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 08:16:08 PM »
Will do my best to get those up tomorrow. I’m blessed guys, it’s my anniversary and my wife wanted new pistols and a range trip!  I’ll shoot them both and report back.

Offline JT79

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2019, 06:05:49 PM »

First two mags from 7 yards. So far I’m in love. I’m sure those groups will start shrinking in time.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2019, 06:39:19 PM »

First two mags from 7 yards. So far I’m in love. I’m sure those groups will start shrinking in time.

Better than my first two mags with my P-07.  Thanks for posting your first range trip for the group.