Author Topic: Thinking Hard About a P07  (Read 11708 times)

Offline CrazyDave

Re: Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2019, 07:23:06 PM »
I don't like plastic guns, but the P-07 is awesome.  Guy at the gun shop today was carrying his, you don't find too many buyers with complaints.  Size is good. Runs like a top.  Great pointing, but hey it's a CZ. If I HAD to carry a plastic gun, this would be it.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
I just ordered an OD Green P-07 for my CZ collection. One can never have too many CZ's.

Offline JT79

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 09:50:57 PM »
I just ordered an OD Green P-07 for my CZ collection. One can never have too many CZ's.

I?m only a couple days in to my CZ experience but I can see why one can never have to many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Due51

Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 10:11:43 PM »
I'm already planning my next CZ.  Having a hard time deciding: P-01 Omega or SP-01 Tactical.. 

Or both?!

CZ P07
Sig P229 Legion & P238
RIA m1911 A2 10mm
Hi-Standard H-D Military
Let's Go Blue!

Offline Yoni

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2019, 08:21:50 AM »

This was my first time shooting my CGW P07. Target was at 25 yards, I was sighting in my RMR. This is my 99% carry pistol.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 08:34:58 AM by Yoni »

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
I will always add:  buy in person and be happy.  You can save up to $75 online but what would a much better trigger be worth to you?  Much more than $75 I hope.  In many of these guns there is a night and day difference- trust me. 

Offline JT79

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:49 PM »
I will always add:  buy in person and be happy.  You can save up to $75 online but what would a much better trigger be worth to you?  Much more than $75 I hope.  In many of these guns there is a night and day difference- trust me.

Is CZ that inconsistent in production?

Offline badwrench

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 05:18:27 PM »
I bought my OD green P07 online, and the trigger was fine, and quite useable as it came out of the box..I just changed a few minor things to suit me..Honestly, you should be fine..

Offline JT79

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2019, 06:21:16 PM »
My trigger seems just fine. I was initially a little concerned from some posts I read but that was quickly a nonissue. I can?t wait to shoot it some more. Only thing I?m really interested in doing to it is adding night sights. Any recommendations guys?

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

Is CZ that inconsistent in production?

In short, yes.  If it?s just gritty, that is not a big problem.  Polishing and shooting will likely fix that  If it stacks, you might never get rid of the stacking, and this is a problem in getting good accurate hits in DA.  I have an EXCELLENT urban gray p09 and the ease with which it hits in DA is truly awesome and spoils you against ?bad triggers?.   I picked it out at a large gun show from about 15 samples that I saw at the show. It was the only one that I would say was excellent while there were probably others that were acceptable. I would say half of the 15 or so were terrible.  So yes CZP guns are a bit inconsistent.

Offline ion man

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2019, 12:01:59 AM »
My trigger seems just fine. I was initially a little concerned from some posts I read but that was quickly a nonissue. I can?t wait to shoot it some more. Only thing I?m really interested in doing to it is adding night sights. Any recommendations guys?

I picked up a P-07 last week. Night Fision is one of the few major manufacturers that offers night sights for the P-07. Hoping to see some more comments on this before I order.

If you want a similar sized gun, give the Sig P-225-A1 a look. Lower capacity, a few ounces heavier, but it has a much nicer trigger!

Offline badwrench

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2019, 09:19:35 AM »

That's great if you have someplace that stocks them, in my area, most places stock either Glocks, or S&W M&P's, with a smattering of Colts or Springfield armory 1911's sprinkled in..So, for many of us, we don't have a choice but to buy online.. I finally found a place that stocks CZ's (and they are supposedly the largest stocking dealer in the state) but I haven't been there yet, as it's about 45miles one way, from me..

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2019, 10:32:26 AM »

That's great if you have someplace that stocks them, in my area, most places stock either Glocks, or S&W M&P's, with a smattering of Colts or Springfield armory 1911's sprinkled in..So, for many of us, we don't have a choice but to buy online.. I finally found a place that stocks CZ's (and they are supposedly the largest stocking dealer in the state) but I haven't been there yet, as it's about 45miles one way, from me..

I hear you.  I now have only one shop near me that stocks them and usually no P guns.  Again, I got mine at a show.  The ones I bought at a show IN person are my best triggers.  One other I bought on-line, I called and asked them to check the trigger before shipping for stacking and they did it.  It was still gritty, but now is good.  The big problem with CZ P guns is QC and supply.  The Omega trigger has some advantages, but can lead to stacking in DA.  I believe when the frame is molded a bit 'off', it can be pretty bad.  For people who don't use the DA pull this is a non-problem. For those of us who use the DA, this is a pretty important issue. 

Offline JT79

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2019, 10:35:49 AM »
I?ve only got 250 rounds through my new P07 but it seems like I got a good one. I shot two magazines DA only and was happy with the trigger. I expect it?ll get even smoother in time.

I agree though, I don?t like to buy pistols I haven?t put hands on but like many others I just don?t have the ability with CZs in my area, unless it?s a P10.

I am already in love with this pistol though. My Sigs are going on hiatus for a while.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »

....I am already in love with this pistol though. My Sigs are going on hiatus for a while.

Ha. I seem to be hearing this a lot lately.  ;D

anything