Author Topic: Thinking Hard About a P07  (Read 11770 times)

Offline rbuzz00

Re: Thinking Hard About a P07
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2019, 07:05:14 PM »
"SR" probably refers to a P-07 with a threaded barrel, so it is  suppressor ready. 

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2019, 08:09:18 PM »
"SR" probably refers to a P-07 with a threaded barrel, so it is  suppressor ready.

Ah, yes.  ;)

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2019, 07:15:59 AM »
I handled a black SR p07 the other day and it was GLORIOUS. Felt so good and the trigger was one of the best out of the Fox I had ever felt. $534 at the LGS.

I'd get it!  Have one like it and WOW - these are 10X better than the standard P07 trigger.  The difference is night and day.

I?m not in the market unfortunately, but it was tough I put down, believe me!

Need a new carry rig so I?m waiting for the S unfortunately. This P07 would have looked really good next to my P09.
I don't think you're going to see a subcompact po7. If that's what you want get a Rami.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2019, 10:57:16 PM »
I meant the P10S lol. Def not holding out for a P07 Sub!

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2019, 07:35:44 AM »
I handled a black SR p07 the other day and it was GLORIOUS. Felt so good and the trigger was one of the best out of the Fox I had ever felt. $534 at the LGS.

I'd get it!  Have one like it and WOW - these are 10X better than the standard P07 trigger.  The difference is night and day.

Need a new carry rig so I?m waiting for the S unfortunately. This P07 would have looked really good next to my P09.

My P07 sits on the nightstand next to my P09 every night.  The two do look good together :)

Offline Due51

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2019, 10:15:40 AM »
I took my P07 to training yesterday and it just gets better and better each time.

The instructor was jealous.  lol
CZ P07
Sig P229 Legion & P238
RIA m1911 A2 10mm
Hi-Standard H-D Military
Let's Go Blue!

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »

My P07 sits on the nightstand next to my P09 every night.  The two do look good together :)

so when are they getting engaged ?🙄

Offline viking499

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »

so when are they getting engaged ?🙄

It's just more of a casual hook up. ;)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2019, 12:37:34 PM »

so when are they getting engaged ?

It's just more of a casual hook up. ;)
I wish they would hook up so I?d wake to find a P05 sitting with them.

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2019, 02:55:13 PM »

I just took delivery of a OD green P-07. It came with a set of night sights, that work very well. I don?t really have a frame of reference for the trigger but it feels very good to me, smooth DA and single action pulls. The feed ramp appears to have been factory polished, it was slicker than whale bleep on an ice flow. I put +2 extensions on the mags after I took it to the range the first time. The first range trip I used federal 115gr ball, it gobbled up 100 rounds and put them precisely into the target with no stoppages. The second trip to the range with it was using the +2 extensions and again it performed flawlessly. So far I?m sold on it. This is my first CZ pistol and it will not be my last (unless the wife becomes troublesome). It took me an act of god to get it as the LGS only had P10C?s available and they couldn?t find an OD green one like I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2019, 06:28:04 PM »
Is it bad that I am going to order the pro kit from CGW before I even shoot the gun?

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2019, 07:03:21 PM »
Is it bad that I am going to order the pro kit from CGW before I even shoot the gun?
not if it's a range gun or competition, you may find the trigger pull to be a little lighter than you want it to be for self-defense, especially if you polish the internals.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2019, 07:13:58 PM »
not if it's a range gun or competition, you may find the trigger pull to be a little lighter than you want it to be for self-defense, especially if you polish the internals.

If it ends up too light, I expect to be able to select an appropriate spring set to make it more ?reasonable?.  I know that I want too far with my Springfield 5.25 Match, and had to go back to more spring.  What I am hoping for is a better DA, with a ?reasonable? SA trigger.  I have no idea if I can get both the way I want on a P-07.  It worked out fine with my Sp-01 Tactical.  I will call CGW and explain what I?m after - and also heed their advice.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
 I would do the suggested polishing in the smooth and tune. then see where your trigger pull is at.

Offline radagast

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2019, 12:24:38 PM »
      This may not necessarily be the most appropriate place for this post; but I'll claim geriatric privilege, and throw my $.02 in again.
THANKS for this forum, and Thank you for this thread ! It's extremely comforting to find an environment where so much information is available without any of the confrontational aspects !
      Thank you to all the contributors who gave me the encouragement, confidence, and technical information, to take a "so-so" defensive pistol, and wind up with a keeper that I enjoy taking to the range.
      After a second pass at polishing (and an introspective re-evaluation of my aging abilities), I'm finally happy with my P07. While it still isn't as crisp as my wife's, I'll concede that any more improvement of the pistol's performance would probably not be reflected by the targets I'm shooting.
      Thanks guys for helping me out !

Admin: You might consider moving  this post to another topic.
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

anything