Author Topic: Howdy, new guy here...  (Read 5825 times)

Offline timetofly

Re: Howdy, new guy here...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 10:28:06 PM »
Thank you for the welcome. 

I am envious and if I wasn't the age I am and have ties to this place I would be outta here in a heart beat.

I'm fortunate I had no ties to CA, only loyalty to a company that had evolved into corporate America.  If I would have had family in CA, I'd still be there.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline oldveteran

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »

I am envious and if I wasn't the age I am and have ties to this place I would be outta here in a heart beat.

I'm fortunate I had no ties to CA, only loyalty to a company that had evolved into corporate America.  If I would have had family in CA, I'd still be there.

I was born and raised in Salinas and still live in the town I was born in.  All of my kids live in CA so I think I am stuck here.  Really at this point I am to old to move anyway.

Offline Dmac

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 10:48:43 PM »
Salinas is terrible. No offense. I was told as a little kid I couldn?t wear red or blue outside. A well armed criminal element there, as you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oldveteran

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »
Salinas is terrible. No offense. I was told as a little kid I couldn?t wear red or blue outside. A well armed criminal element there, as you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salinas used to be a nice place to live in the 40' through the 90's but has went to hell for sure.  It has the highest homicide rate in the state or did the last time I checked and one reason I have a CCW.  I have a Salinas address address but live half way between Salinas and Monterey.  No way could I live on the East side where I grew up. 

Offline czdrifter

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2019, 11:19:56 PM »
Hello from WI. Enjoy the CZs and shoot them every opportunity you can. Welcome to the Forum.

Offline oldveteran

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »
Hello from WI. Enjoy the CZs and shoot them every opportunity you can. Welcome to the Forum.

Thank you sir...

Offline timetofly

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »

I was born and raised in Salinas and still live in the town I was born in.  All of my kids live in CA so I think I am stuck here.  Really at this point I am to old to move anyway.

I wish you well and stay safe and keep active.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

anything