Author Topic: Finally have a CZ!  (Read 765 times)

Offline hammer_fired

Finally have a CZ!
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:34:39 PM »
I've been looking at CZ's for quite a while, and only at 9mms since I was kind of on a roll with that cal. First a FN Hi Power, then a Browning BDM and then a Sig P938.

I started looking at Compacts, then decided that it should be a light weight with a safety, since my SR1911 LW Commander in .45 ACP is a nice carry pistol. So I started thinking about the P-01 Omega. The Omega also has a rail and an upswept beavertail. Nice! But then I figured I needed to have the option of converting to SAO. No Omega, I need a Compact L! Right. If you can find one at at a reasonable price....

So what do I end up with? A 97B, of course! It does have an upswept beavertail, and can be converted to SAO, but that's the only criteria it met, and I'm enjoying the heck out of it!

The first thing I did was Locktite the LCI. Don't want to lose those parts.

A couple of minor items I'd like to change: The safety is kind of stiff, and doesn't snick up and down like I'm use to on my 1911. Are they all like this, or do I need to do a detail disassembly and cleaning and/or a little bit fitting of the safety engagement? Also, I would like to get a safety lever with a shelf instead of the serrated slope. I haven't seen any listed anywhere. Do they exist? The mag release has an industrial strength spring, but I can live with that.

It handles Federal Al ball, and some 230 gn XTP and Berry's 225 FP reloads. It balks a little bit at taking the first FP from the mag when charging it using the slide stop, but works smoothly after that. I didn't try charging it by slingshotting it, but it would prob work fine.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my 97B!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:02:22 PM by hammer_fired »

anything