Author Topic: NEW STYLE 2019 CZ 75 TSO Questions.  (Read 5994 times)

Offline jimzilla

NEW STYLE 2019 CZ 75 TSO Questions.
« on: March 28, 2019, 08:26:22 PM »

Good evening to one and all,
I recently purchased the new style 2019 CZ 75 TSO (according to the pictures that is...  see link below)

https://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange-9mm.html

My question is if this Pistol comes in as the pictures in the above link show should I get the following upgrades ;

Metal trigger
S2 safety
S2 mag release
The standard 75 squared trigger guard

Sorry but I am not very familiar with the upgrades for 2019 TSO'S.

The other question I have is what pound springs do I use for the ammo I use,  I primarily shoot,
Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 115 GR. FMJ  or
Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 124 GR. FMJ  ammo

I also ordered a DPM Mechanical Recoil Rod Reducer System ....  SKU: 1000030   CZ 75 TS TACTICAL SPORT 9mm 40s&w
So I don't have to worry about the buffers 

Thank you an advance for your advice, best regards, James.
Fresh Meat

Offline BLUEPSTU

Re: NEW STYLE 2019 CZ 75 TSO Questions.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:47:38 PM »
You should get the upgrades you mentioned with the 2019. The gun will eat through any ammo you are shooting. You can use the all the stock recoil springs that come with the gun if you are shooting factory ammo. I have the DPM system for my TSO but I stoppped using it after the first 1000 rounds or so. I went to a lighter recoil spring because I was shooting my "watered down" reloads. You will love the gun!

Offline Yankees1964

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
I just picked up my new TSO yesterday, I also have the old one and put them both side by side and you are correct on the four upgrades.  The mag release and the metal trigger (which has a few groves in it) are really nice.  The trigger guard was not that big a difference.  The new safety does sit a bit higher than the old one.  In my opinion the new one looks much nicer.

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
     Hiya jimzilla and thanks for your thread. Its a really nice gun, and at 1700 price point ,its pretty modded up from the factory. I would think you want to break it in and then decide on investing more. I do admit to replacing the plastic trigger with a metal one,and for my use preferred the old style rear blade,as it served nicely as a slide racker. I did use the DPM,but noticed no difference in recoil reduction, simple SS which is prolly what it came with is fine. Its factory mag release I thought is fine too,so use it a bit before ya decide. The trigger guard is an improved design to also help you get a better grip,I'd leave that one be too. I don't use a holster for my range gun,so get little use out of the safety,but if you do and are a competition shooter it might could be an advantage. The gun has already has a competition hammer,and imagine springs and trigger action is great out of the box. And cz used S&B ammo at the factory,so you are set. The DPM comes with additional springs if ya needed,with instructions.
     You might experiment with a green FO rod and compare it to the red one,some folks see it better,especially outdoor shooting. Extra mags or the extended 26rd mags are nice,but at 130 a mag ,half a dozen cost round 800bucks. Hope to see your day at the range pics soon.Be well.

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 08:19:27 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guy's It is much appreciated. I can't wait to get it, i feel like a kid at Christmas. I have waited for almost a year after I heard a new version of the TSO was coming out. It should be in Monday or Tuesday.
I have some Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 115 GR. I will break it in on and have some Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 124 GR on order from target sports.
Have LOC  palm swell Bogies on order as well.

thank you for the input. Best regards, James.

Fresh Meat

Offline George16

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 08:45:04 AM »
Congrats on your new TSO. You?re going to love it. I know I like mine a lot. I shoot it more than the Czech mate. Even my wife loves shooting it.

I changed the recoil spring to 11# to suit my reloads which I also shoot with my shadow 2 and X5. 124 Gr TCFP or 124 Gr PD JHP with 4.1-4.2 Gr Winchester 231.

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
Thanks for the thumbs up George. I have a Custom Shop SP01 Accu Shadow hi grip that shoots like butter but I am told the TSO is even better.
I cant wait it should be here Monday.   O0
Fresh Meat

Offline jimzilla

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2019, 08:51:39 PM »
I took it to the range today and it is truly a pleasure to shoot, best gun I own! I shot 200 rounds of Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 115 GR.
The slide would come back, pick up the round, and then the slide would stay all the way back in the open position. the round would be in the upper third of the feed ramp with the bullet almost going in. I would then pull the slide back maybe a 1/8 of an inch more and then push it all the way forward and fire the round, it would cycle normally for 3 to 6 more shots and then do it again. The scenario was the same each time... the round would be resting on the upper third of the feed ramp and almost in the barrel. It has the spring that came with it from the factory, I think a 16LB?
The last 50 rounds I shot were Sellier & Bellot 9 MM 124 GR. and the problem got a little worse but the same scenario .  I did really grease it up good before I shot it for the first time as It was in a break in period, and yes the slide does seem kind of tight. When I took it home to clean it I used less grease on the slide this time,
any suggestions?  thanks in advance, james.
Fresh Meat

Offline George16

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
Try using the 13 or 11# spring. For me, I swap the recoil spring before I even started shooting it. I first installed the 13# and then the 11#. The 11#  has a less noticeable muzzle flip compared to the 13# shooting my reloads.

The only time I used the 16 and 18# (bought this from Wolff) was when I shot open major with it using 115 Gr FMJ with 7.2 Gr of CFE pistol for about 169-171 PF.

Hopefully it?ll be better once you swap the recoil spring.

Offline adrian

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2019, 09:58:22 PM »
     Hiya jimzilla and thx for resisting your thread and chiming in. Kinda felt my heart sink with the stoppages you experienced. And altho there are several fixes available you are not the one that needs to do them on a brand new 1700 gun.
     Call cz-usa in the am,toll free number at the website, and ask the phone service rep to put you on the phone with a cz smith. They will hear your story again and handle your issue to your satisfaction. I'd also check the test target under the foam and make yourself aware of how many holes are in it. With the lapse of QC you describe there may not be any holes it it. Let us know what you find out. Be well.