Author Topic: Decocker lever compatibility  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Supertac

Decocker lever compatibility
« on: April 01, 2019, 06:45:13 PM »
I've seen an ambi decocker from a sp01 tactical put on a 97bd. Can it be done vice versa? Decocker lever from 75bd put on a sp01 tactical? Somebody please try it! All I see from my research is speculation. No information out there on if someone has tried it and if it fits.

Offline Tok36

Re: Decocker lever compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:29:43 PM »
So i take it that you are looking to eliminate the right side decocking lever of you SP-01 Tac? To my knowledge this can be accomplished by removing the right side lever and shortening the decocking lever shaft.

However i do own both CZ models and i do like taking apart my CZs . I am also curious, so i will give it a go. I will report back in a bit.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:58:49 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Supertac

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 11:03:50 PM »
That's what I'm talking about. Somebody willing to check it out. Very cool of you. I await your results.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 11:13:52 PM »
  It dose seam to work. While i can not say that it will work in every case with every CZ in my case the 75 BD decocking lever dose work in my SP-01 Tac without issue. It sits flush to the frame. The retention slot in the decoking lever shaft is in the same place so it should be retained fine. The right side of the decocking lever shaft is flush with the frame. The decocking function works fine. Though i would prefer to spend some more time with it to be absolutely sure i did not detect any issues nor do i anticipate that any issues will come forth.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:50:11 PM by Tok36 »

Offline Supertac

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 11:19:55 PM »
Tok36 you're the man! I had a feeling it would work I've got one coming in the mail for my sp01 tactical. I'm relieved I'm not wasting my time. I'll post when I install it. Thank you very much for your effort.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:23:31 PM »
Gladly, i look forward to hearing how the modifications goes with your CZ.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 11:50:40 PM by Tok36 »

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 11:34:19 PM »
     Hiya and welcome to the forum from phoenix az.

Offline Supertac

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 11:41:55 PM »
Thanks adrian. I'm coming out of st. Paul mn. Finally found a place to talk cz.

Offline Supertac

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 12:27:42 PM »
Decocker lever for 97bd/75bd does fit and work in sp01. However, the groove for the spring leg is slightly further to the right towards the end of the post. If u pull outward on the lever it catches on the sear cage. Now I want to know if p01 lever will work in sp01. Part numbers for 75bd and p01 levers are different. I just want a non ambi lever for my sp01 that's not a grinded down ambi. Yes I'm that picky.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 10:58:49 PM »
   I tried out a PCR decocking lever when i was checking the 75BD lever. I assume but have not confirmed that the PCR and P-01 share the same lever . It has a number of issues. It is too long and protrudes from the frame on the right side. The lever dose not sit flush to the frame of a steel framed SP-01 Tac, due to differences in the the sear cage pin retention set up in the alloy framed compacts.

I acknowledge that you seek a factroy drop in solution but i suggest contacting one of the custom shops. Buy an SP-01 Tac left side lever and have it modified/cut, reblued and shipped to you. Done correctly it will look like a factory part. CGW and CZC are wizards with this kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 02:53:58 AM by Tok36 »

Offline Supertac

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »
I'm in the process of modifying the lever now. I finally gave up! Thanks again for your experimenting and humoring me. I'll let u know how it turns out. Now we know all the options or lack there of.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 10:19:14 AM »
This is the one that I ordered from CGW to make my SP-01 Tac single sided. Works perfectly and is flush on the right side instead of extending out.

https://cajungunworks.com/product/60-75bd-decocker-lever-lh-side/

Offline Supertac

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
Yes I have one. It does work but there's too much back and forth play. Pull it to the left (out) it catches on the sear cage. At least in my case. The notches for the spring leg are different if u compare the two closely. Thank you for the reply though.

Offline Supertac

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2019, 11:28:44 AM »
I'm convinced modifying the stock one is best for reliability.

Offline adrian

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
     Hiya Supertax and thanks for the thread,didn't know it would keep ya so busy. Nice Tok36 used his toys as guinea pigs and you found a solution. I'd recently sold a 97b and I understand its undergoing CZC treatment to have it become ambi safety, with them needing to use 75b's set up. The conversion priced at 300 bucks,so its possible but not inexpensive. Be well.

anything