Author Topic: Thinking about getting a Scorpion  (Read 4199 times)

Offline oxbow

Re: Thinking about getting a Scorpion
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 06:25:43 PM »
I don't see why to SBR with there is such good options like the tailhook brace that uses the CZ stock anyway. It would be nice to have the vertical grip on it but tailhhook works just as good as a sbr.

Offline jetta613

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 02:51:07 AM »
I don't see why to SBR with there is such good options like the tailhook brace that uses the CZ stock anyway. It would be nice to have the vertical grip on it but tailhhook works just as good as a sbr.

Just wait until the ATF changes their position on shouldering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 04:33:16 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. And hope our operator ended up with a choice that landed a new or used cz gun day. And yes the hobby and sport is ,or can be a bit of a money pit, but spent towards our enjoyment. Its unfortunate that given a new purchase of a Evo that addition of a vert foregrip makes it illegal in the eyes of ATF. Punishable with arrest,fines,and prison. Takes millions of tax dollars to pass such a law. But if this same agency makes up another law and says pay us a bribe, well the focus groups decided tax stamp is better verbiage, we will personally make your gun legal,never worry about prison,arrest or fines. 
     By the people and for the people ?  Tax funded agency to provide the cohersion,shakedown and threat of a simple extortion unless you pay a bribe. This has only been going on since the 1920's or 30's right. Al Capone days right? Be well.

Offline Bassdeer

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 08:03:39 AM »
There is no think. Only do.

This, But you have to say it in Yoda's voice

Offline panzerbob001

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 07:33:01 PM »
Get a Scorpion if it appeals to you. Get it with a brace. Shoulder that brace if you want to do so - it is currently OK (formally acknowledged by BATF as being so, right now) to do so. Enjoy it while you can.

The bump-stock was legal. Until after the Las Vegas mayhem and Pres. Trump instructing DOJ to make them illegal - which was done by causing BATF to redefine a bump-stock as constituting a "machine-gun". Presto!  Now it's illegal. 

And YES. This CAN happen with the "pistol brace".  In my opinion, it's almost CERTAIN that braces will be "redefined" as stocks when we get the next Dem President. Certainly when the Dems once again own both houses of Congress AND the WH.  But when that happens, we can also expect another AWB. Almost certain to include buying or selling - maybe even OWNING - most or all of the various assault pistols" such as the Scorpion, MPX, Stribog, AR-9, etc., etc. etc. that we currently enjoy.

Even things like owning a registered SBR are NOT guaranteed into the future. ANY policy, regulation, or founding law CAN BE CHANGED - when there becomes political will to do so.

My point?  It's CURRENTLY LEGAL to buy, sell, OWN, USE braces on pistols.  Today is TODAY.  There is no real way to confidently predict what will happen to what part(s) of private gun-ownership in the years as shifts occur in pop politics and in political control in our gov't. The future gets murkier the further out you try to look. The only real prediction you can confidently make is that gun laws WILL change, and probably NOT in the direction gun-owners and fans want them to.

So...  Go get it TODAY. Enjoy it while you can.  As long as you can.  In a very real and practical sense, braced pistols, like any other gun, are, like beer, more "leased" then "owned". Buy it if it's what you want (presuming you can afford to), and enjoy it. Don't agonize and focus on how much you spent on it today nor worry about whether you'll get more for your money with something else tomorrow. Chances are, if you buy a braced pistol, "black rifle", or even an SBR... you won't get your money BACK.   I love great beer. I don't sweat paying good money for it. I KNOW that I won't get that money back. So I buy it, drink it, and enjoy it while I can!  Same with braced pistols and other such things! I bought a braced Scorp. It's a blast! I'll enjoy it while I CAN! ;D

Offline nitesite

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 09:03:08 PM »
The 7.75" pistol is probably most common to sbr.

Swap the receiver plate with a stock mount.  With so many US made magazines these days, getting 922 compliance is nothing.

The "K" version is newer and has a shorter handguard and 5 something inch barrel.

I personally would go with the 7.75" barreled pistol myself but to each their own.

Very smart post my friend.
Police Officer
US Army veteran
Reloader
Bullet Caster
Dog Lover