Author Topic: Any Word on the Bullpup Kit  (Read 8474 times)

Offline jmstallard

Any Word on the Bullpup Kit
« on: April 02, 2019, 12:38:13 PM »
There was lots of info about it several months ago, and now...nothing. Has anyone heard anything new about it?

Offline 1000RR

Re: Any Word on the Bullpup Kit
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:15:05 PM »
Last I saw (which was mid-January), Manticore Arms said the official release would be Q1, 2019... seems that's come an gone as of yesterday.  Some places seem to be advertising them, but out of stock (obviously).  Prices seem to be $335-$400.

Maybe Manticore_Arms can chime in or you could PM them?  They are a member on here.

Offline 3rdMAW

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2019, 01:11:20 PM »
All I've heard is ... crickets.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 10:16:17 PM »
CZ USA is the sole point of contact for ETA on the bullpup evo kit at this time.

It is coming, and I am happy to answer technical questions about it, we just agreed with CZ USA it makes more sense to have a single point of contact for ETA since it is their OEM branded product.

We will have one (or possibly more) on display at the Manticore booth at NRA in Indianapolis at the end of the month, as well as showing off some neat bullpup evo specific forend options we will launch awhen the kit launches! 8)

Sven
Manticore Arms

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:21:17 PM by Manticore_Arms »

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 10:43:59 PM »
At the demo event last weekend, the official estimate was 6 months before they would be available.

looking forward to handling one in Indy in a few weeks.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 11:49:20 PM »
At the demo event last weekend, the official estimate was 6 months before they would be available.

What demo event was that?

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »

What demo event was that?

Sven
Manticore Arms

Last weekend we were at Northshore Sports Club in Lake Forrest IL. Someone asked the question about the bullpup kit and that was the answer provided by CZ. I don't know who is Darrell's contact at CZ-USA.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline 3rdMAW

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 02:41:09 PM »
So... they announce 1st Quarter and deliver 4th Quarter. Now that's some great marketing there CZ-USA!

Offline 3xternal

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
RSR, one of our suppliers, says "Coming Soon"

Offline 3rdMAW

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »
"Coming Soon"... to a theater near you! Just in time for Christmas.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 09:07:02 AM »
Sven,

The ShootingSight 2-stage trigger is shipping.  Is there any opportunity to fit this trigger into the bullpup lower?  Do you have a T&E sample you could ship me to look at?

Art
ShootingSight

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »
Just for the record, as much as I want this bullpup for my Scorpion, if it came down to installing the Shooting Sight Trigger or getting the bullpup, it's not even a choice.  Art's trigger group will be going into my Scorpion as soon as it's available in it's full version.  I have the Shooting Sight Tav-D trigger in my Tavor and I am a believer in Art's products!

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
Sven,

The ShootingSight 2-stage trigger is shipping.  Is there any opportunity to fit this trigger into the bullpup lower?  Do you have a T&E sample you could ship me to look at?

Art
ShootingSight

I took a look on your page, and it uses the trigger housing ("cage") and CZ trigger bow, it should drop right in.

The only question is resetting the trigger since there is a little more mass with the trigger bar now.  I got your email and we can discuss.  :)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
I love it when two great companies conspire to make awesome products!

Offline 3rdMAW

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 02:23:43 PM »

The only question is resetting the trigger since there is a little more mass with the trigger bar now.  I got your email and we can discuss.  :)

Sven
Manticore Arms

Sven, Art,

I just got one of Art's trigger kits... haven't installed it yet. I too am anxiously awaiting CZ's release of the kit. Please let us all know whether or not the 2-stage trigger has enough reset force to handle the bullpup trigger bar mass and friction.

I have seen some other bullpup kits that use a small spring to help reset the trigger bar. Say something about 1/2"-3/4" long with an initial preset of 1.5-2.5 oz and a very low spring constant (guessing in the 0.50-2.0 oz/in range). The question is, where would you put it?

DJ

edit: K units
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:54:19 PM by 3rdMAW »

anything