Author Topic: First one I have seen so far, looking good  (Read 2640 times)

Offline whitetail hunter

First one I have seen so far, looking good
« on: April 05, 2019, 06:03:10 PM »
First one I have seen so far, looking good but I think the price is high. I have this on my wish list hopefully some time this year.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/807426065

Offline adrian

Re: First one I have seen so far, looking good
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 06:34:34 PM »
     Hiya whitetail hunter and thanks for the thread.  Quite the stick price there, I tried to find it at czc and cz-usa with no good luck. Imagine what the new and improved will look and cost like 20years from now. Be well.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 04:05:32 AM »
Too rich for my blood by far, for a range toy. Very interesting pistol.

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:25:24 AM »
I'm thinking the LGS here has 4 ordered and they were going to be around $1900.00 but then you add 6% sale tax and $5.00 back ground check and your at 2019.00 out the door. I think when I bought my TSO I had $1825.00 OTD( my wife gave me half the money for the TSO). I hope she will do the same for the A01 but hate to push my luck(shes a good women and loves the cz's as much as me).

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 11:12:23 AM »
So, not knowing anything about these. why  are they so special?

Offline daved20319

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
Looks like a 97 with a plastic frame and only 9 mm.  So yeah, what makes it $2300 special?

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 07:54:34 PM »
Ouch.

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 08:33:41 PM »
The new CZ catalog shows the list price at $2247.00.  Sez it's built by CZ Custom in Arizona as an "evolution" of the Shadow.  The price certainly has evolved...

It looks like what you're paying for is a forged and CNC machined frame, a slightly longer barrel, P-09 magazines and the usual package of other CZC features.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:40:59 PM by canthelpit »

Offline motorcyclist

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 12:24:40 PM »
If it's in your financial means, go for it! If I think about it, by the time I buy extra mags, CGW parts, a holster and other crap that comes up when you compete, how far off in price with my shadow 2 am I?

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 06:09:18 PM »
First one I have seen so far, looking good but I think the price is high. I have this on my wish list hopefully some time this year.

What are you gonna do with it once you get  it, if you get it?......that is if you can talk your wife into letting you spend some of her money again?
You have a TSO correct? what's your plan for this gun?

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline whitetail hunter

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »

What are you gonna do with it once you get  it, if you get it?......that is if you can talk your wife into letting you spend some of her money again?
You have a TSO correct? what's your plan for this gun?

RCG
Well at 61 and two heart attacks at 57 my health has really slowed me down. I still punch paper and we have 20 members at the range that get together to steel steel(no time slips just shoot for the fun it). My wife and I spend allot of time at the range also as we have both retired. BUT the big reason is we collect them which as become a husband and wife hobby. Our guns will be passed on to our boys. My TSO has not been shot as of yet. My oldest son will be home in May and he will mostly be the first to shot it as he has wanted one for a long time so we are going to surprise him when he gets home(but the gun stay with us)  ;D Really no plans for the CZ A01 if we get one it most likely will sit in the collection to be passed down.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:12:40 AM by whitetail hunter »

anything