Author Topic: New dress for my 92FS  (Read 524 times)

Offline Rcher

New dress for my 92FS
« on: April 05, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
Recover Tactical Olive Green Grips with rail made my classic Italian made 92FS look like Glock :) (I'm kidding).
Let's check how she shoots with green laser attached !!!

Trigger bar hidden under plastic cover now.

Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

Offline Ron M.

Re: New dress for my 92FS
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 09:35:10 PM »
Looks a lot like my M9A1G. Does the Recover grip set change the size over a set of Hogue panels much? I've thought about trying a set of those on my 92FS Centurion.

I see I'm not the only one that drops a "D" spring and Elite II hammer in his 92 series pistols.

Offline Rcher

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »
Looks a lot like my M9A1G. Does the Recover grip set change the size over a set of Hogue panels much? I've thought about trying a set of those on my 92FS Centurion.

I see I'm not the only one that drops a "D" spring and Elite II hammer in his 92 series pistols.

Ron, I actually followed your advice about "D" spring and skeletonized hammer  :), thank you! I also replaced trigger (full metal) and trigger spring (Wolff spring).

Speaking about grips, I used ultra-thin Lok grips for a while. They are great, especially when shooting with one hand. However, I always was thinking where to put my support hand thumb when shooting with both hands. So I decided to give a try with Recover Tactical grips. I think width is the same as with standard factory grips. But now, there's a place on a slide where I can place my left thumb when shooting without the risk to engage slide lock.

Waiting for the Sunday to try it on the range.

Hard times create strong men,
Strong men create good times,
Good times create weak men,
Weak men create hard times.

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 09:54:43 PM »
     Hiya and thx for sharing, I agree its a pretty,rather handsome new dress. Be well.

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
That green frame reminds me of the frames on the Beretta 90-2 pistol series. Very neat look!

Offline Due51

New dress for my 92FS
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »
I tried buying a set of Recover grips for a RIA 1911 double stack but he only makes them for the single stack.

The owner, Mike R, was a super cool guy.  We had a long back and forth email exchange about getting a set of double stack grips.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:11:29 PM by Due51 »
CZ P07
Sig P229 Legion & P238
RIA m1911 A2 10mm
Hi-Standard H-D Military
Let's Go Blue!

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 07:02:54 PM »
Nice looking.