Author Topic: Slide pausing when returning  (Read 1507 times)

Offline jimrock4u

Slide pausing when returning
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
I got a 97b with the cgw bushing and trigger  components the gun has been great but recently the slide has been pausing i took it apart  polished  everything  cleaned the sear  cage  it seemed ok  i shot maybe 100 rounds  and it doing it again.  Looks like  its racking in slow motion  any ideas maybe a bad recoil spring?

Offline adrian

Re: Slide pausing when returning
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:56:21 AM »
     Hiya jimrock4u and thanks for the thread. I'd say the oddest thing was that the issue went away for those 100 rds and returned. Guess I'd first try cz-usa and ask to speak to one of their smiths,and if no solutions there,give Davids folks a call at cajun,as they provide technical support for their products,altho not sounding like the trigger group,but could be related to the Accu bushing in some fashion. Let us know what they sort out.
     Outside chance you checked your loaded chamber indicator recently? If you bought you gun from Davids shop (CGW) they treat the end of the LCI's set screw with a drop of blue loctite,as its had a history of loosening from the threads.eventually falling out. This issue can cause the slide to not return proper,but it could also cause problems with racking thus causing your slow motion slide return issues. Its an easy fix,and if its gone,cz-usa shall ship ya the parts,hopefully not needing the gun back. Be well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:20:49 AM by adrian »

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
Yeah not sure what is going on with it i have had it for a while and it just starting to do it like something is hanging up in it ill tear it down again and see if i can figure it out.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 12:49:10 PM »
I had a slow returning slide when used incorrect (moly) grease on the rail and accumulated dirt. Back to oil and retarded return is gone.

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
 Ok think i figured it out little build up on the 1911 bushing it seems good now see if it stays that way

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »
Ok think i figured it out little build up on the 1911 bushing it seems good now see if it stays that way
Could be dirt/build up combined with a worn recoil spring. How many rounds with that spring total?

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »
Its one the the first guns i ever got so  alot . I had a spare recoil spring i put in it still was doing it so i  polished the bushing and it smoothed right out

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »
Its one the the first guns i ever got so  alot . I had a spare recoil spring i put in it still was doing it so i  polished the bushing and it smoothed right out
CGW does fit those tight!

Offline jimrock4u

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 10:08:38 PM »
Yeah they do it wasnt much on there

anything