Author Topic: Hello Hammer Classic Coach  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Piddle

Hello Hammer Classic Coach
« on: April 06, 2019, 09:48:40 AM »
Took the leap and ordered a hammer classic coach. Picked up Wednesday and able to fire it off a few times. This is a lot of fun and a beauty.  Anyone add a leather recoil pad to theirs?   Also anyone find a nice leather scabbard or equivalent for one of these?
Lazy piddle

Offline adrian

Re: Hello Hammer Classic Coach
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
     Uiya Piddle and thx for  your thread. Hows bout sharing a few shots ,so to speak of your new addition. I'm not picturing it, hammer classic sound like something the wells fargo used to run with. I've owned a cz 712,only gun I was ever glad was stolen. A few m4 benelli's, its the kind of workmanship/quality that I've found in cz pistols. These didn't need a recoil pad,so wonder if yours needs it or is the leather more of a cosmetic treatment for it? As pretty as a nice leather scabbard is,they don't like the rocks,snow,mud,and rain to much. I prefer a heavy duty nylon,and using a mollie system to attach to a small backpack,and even option to mollie a sidearm off the scabbard. Cheers. Be well.

Offline Piddle

Re: Hello Hammer Classic Coach
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »
Still working thru pics. Yes it is a basic Wells Fargo style coach gun with hammers. Leather recoil pad adds a nice touch but certainly is functional as buckshot loads gives you the “good morning judge” feeling as far as getting your attention. Leather scabbard is more of a nice storage and protection with a older look.   Hoping to get some ideas from everyone.
Lazy piddle

anything