Author Topic: Range Malfunction - Slide stuck to rear  (Read 391 times)

Offline kida09

Range Malfunction - Slide stuck to rear
« on: April 06, 2019, 08:39:34 PM »
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me out before I contact CZ.  Was shooting at the range today and my Scorpion just quit.  It's a registered SBR and I always shoot it suppressed.  The gun's slide is stuck to the rear, the charging handle does nothing, makes no contact, the trigger doesn't pull (also stuck), the take-down pin comes out, but I'm unable to remove the trigger housing no matter how hard I pull.  Before I get frustrated and cause it more damage, I was hoping someone had any advice here.  I made a short youtube clip showing the issue as it is easier than explaining.  I've previously already had to replace the disconnector on this firearm.  It probably has less than 500rds through it.

Thanks!

Offline adrian

Re: Range Malfunction - Slide stuck to rear
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 08:55:11 PM »
     Hiya Kida09 and thanks for your thread,and can see the frustration in the vid. Yes cz will sort ya out but only suggestion I'd have is to take off the lower and push the hammer back with your thumb,unless ya have another way to get to it and push it back. If so a no go, let us know. And its happy hour FYI. Be well.

Offline kida09

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 09:13:06 PM »
Unless I'm mistaken, the lower would be the part I can't get off?  I have the pushpin all the way out but the 'lower' doesn't budge..  I've watched several disassembly videos and I don't see what else to do..

Offline Asylum9

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 10:09:22 PM »
Just pure speculation, might be able to remove the trigger pack screw, safety bar and grip MIGHT allow the lower to be removed?  I'm sure someone with greater knowledge then myself will be along.

Just out of curiosity what ammo where you using?
ApIII%

Offline 00goobs

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 10:11:28 PM »
Just saw the part where you checked the lever for BHO.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:51:18 AM by 00goobs »

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:10 AM »
Well that looks problematic.

My best guess would be excessive blowback pressure forced the bolt back even farther past its buffer, and it got stuck somehow.
If possible, stick something in there like a construction pencil, and try to push the hammer down, maybe it will unlock the bolt and let it return

Either way, even if you get it out, it will probably need some kind of service.

Offline TjB101

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 06:04:02 AM »
Rubber mallet on a few select locations.  Maybe shoot into it a liberal supply of Ballistol.

Tough one ... do let us know the culprit and resolution.

Offline kida09

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 08:29:13 AM »
Thanks guys - will give it a try today and report back.

anything