Author Topic: PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.  (Read 361 times)

Offline CaliforniaGunner

PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.
« on: April 06, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
For those of you who purchase a new CZ 97 I highly recommend you remove the allen screw that holds the LCI, put some loctite on it and screw it back in.

I have only put about 200 rounds through mine when I read somewhere about this being an issue. I checked mine and sure enough, it had worked lose and was sticking about half way out.  Had I gone to the range again without fixing it, it would have for sure come out and ruined my day.

I know this is has been touched on but wanted to mention it anyway.

Offline Tok36

Re: PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »
It is a good PSA to be reminded of. Mine flew off in the first few mags. Luckily i found all of the parts. What year is your 97?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline adrian

Re: PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »
     Hiya CaliforniaGunner and thanks for the thread. And its been an issue that's come up going back several years,little surprised that QC back in europe hasn't taken on the job of putting a drop of blue loctite before it puts in the set screw, that sits the left of the LCI peg. Use a 1.5mm allen wrench for the task. Heard some folks first notice the issue with initial issue of not fully closing the slide,to just having problems racking the gun,suppose different degrees of having it headed to slipping out altogether. The major shops I know of just take care of it upon the batchs of 97b they get in. Be well.

anything