Author Topic: PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.  (Read 931 times)

Offline CaliforniaGunner

PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.
« on: April 06, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
For those of you who purchase a new CZ 97 I highly recommend you remove the allen screw that holds the LCI, put some loctite on it and screw it back in.

I have only put about 200 rounds through mine when I read somewhere about this being an issue. I checked mine and sure enough, it had worked lose and was sticking about half way out.  Had I gone to the range again without fixing it, it would have for sure come out and ruined my day.

I know this is has been touched on but wanted to mention it anyway.

Offline Tok36

Re: PSA for new CZ 97 owners, LCI screw.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »
It is a good PSA to be reminded of. Mine flew off in the first few mags. Luckily i found all of the parts. What year is your 97?
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 11:14:41 AM »
     Hiya CaliforniaGunner and thanks for the thread. And its been an issue that's come up going back several years,little surprised that QC back in europe hasn't taken on the job of putting a drop of blue loctite before it puts in the set screw, that sits the left of the LCI peg. Use a 1.5mm allen wrench for the task. Heard some folks first notice the issue with initial issue of not fully closing the slide,to just having problems racking the gun,suppose different degrees of having it headed to slipping out altogether. The major shops I know of just take care of it upon the batchs of 97b they get in. Be well.

Offline newageroman

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:38:00 PM »
Well, the LCI thing happened today. Shooting some stiff reloads and had a jam, looked down and LCI was laying on top of the barrel.
So, its getting brake kleened and then locktighted, I still have the spring, plate, screw and LCI, so we will see!
I will say that I've had about 500 rounds through it so far, no issues til today.
These rounds also shook loose the mag well on my 1911 so yeah, I think it was a bit about the ammo.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:08:06 PM by newageroman »
75B-milsurp- (first CZ build)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR P8L
..others..

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:51:29 PM »
Glad you found all the parts. CZ Customs has an LCI delete for the CZ 97 now. If mine comes off again i might be in for one. We will see, i do not shoot allot of 45ACP.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 09:00:05 PM »
Glad you found all the parts. CZ Customs has an LCI delete for the CZ 97 now. If mine comes off again i might be in for one. We will see, i do not shoot allot of 45ACP.
I picked up an LCI eliminator last week. Put in the parts box. That should be enough to keep my LCI from ever failing.  ;D

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:09 PM »
I've never had an issue in either of the 97s I have owned. Thanks for the heads up. Something to keep and eye out for.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 02:53:31 AM »
I picked up an LCI eliminator last week. Put in the parts box. That should be enough to keep my LCI from ever failing.  ;D

That is a special kind of loctite right there.  :)

Offline newageroman

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 01:06:41 PM »
Good to know about the LIC deletion plate. If it happens again I may go that route. I read this thread a while back and figured I was good, but apparently not, it certainly is a thing.
97B stock for now
SAR P8L
..others..

Offline buddyd157

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 04:13:42 PM »

you wanna provide a link specific to that part delete.>??

i couldn't find it.
Just  getting on thru retirement., and into the sport of shooting, with...CZ 75B..CZ 97B..Canik TP9SF...Glock 17 (4th gen.), Taurus G3c, Remington R 1911

Offline newageroman

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:21 PM »
Got it back together and the blue locktite is drying now. I used the clear bag trick and then noticed I put the LCI back together wrong!! Duh... (that's why we function test)...
pulled it apart and then dropped the LCI in a box of sawdust and tools. Found IT! reinstalled correctly and is drying...
I am now referring to LCIs as
Lame Commifornia Indicator...slight thorn in the side, we will see how she rides...
97B stock for now
SAR P8L
..others..

Offline DJK11

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2020, 08:19:09 AM »
The LCI and the “ barrel plate” are two different parts.  The 97 needs the barrel plate to properly function.  The LCI pin and spring can be removed if one desires.  Link to the CZ Custom part:
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/other-parts/97b-loaded-chamber-lci-delete.html

I was told we speak in absolutes around here.

anything