Author Topic: Jammed Round Won't Eject  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Jdstout1

Jammed Round Won't Eject
« on: April 07, 2019, 11:51:33 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the CZ family and bought a CZ Scorpion Evo a couple months ago. Today was my second time at the range with it and unfortunately had a jamming issue.

The first round I chambered didn't go off, instead I heard a click. I went to eject it to cycle another but the charger handle would only go about a half inch back so it wouldn't eject the round. As I put more pressure on it to try to get it out the charger handle snapped off. Has anyone else had this happen before? If so how do I get this live round out of my gun, it's dangerous having it around the house right now. Any help is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline dallasb

Re: Jammed Round Won't Eject
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 12:50:43 PM »
Most likely the bullet is jammed into the lands. *Proceed at your own risk*

Remove mag
Spray penetrating oil into barrel
Leave overnight in vertical position
Drop a cleaning rod into the barrel

Typically just a small bump will knock it back enough to free up the bolt.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline OpusXJ

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »
I'm guessing the gun is on safe, which won't allow you to rack the bolt if the hammer is forward.

Remove the charging handle retaining pin, and charging handle, slide a cleaning rod or dowel into the charging handle slot,  place gun on fire and then push on the rod.

Offline Jdstout1

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 10:26:02 PM »
Thanks for all the advice, I also emailed CZ support but haven't heard back yet. Normally I'd start taking it apart if it was just a spent casing in there but the whole live round has me a little leery of messing with it too much. I may try removing the charging pin and approaching it from that way.

Offline johnzm

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
I'm guessing the gun is on safe, which won't allow you to rack the bolt if the hammer is forward.

Remove the charging handle retaining pin, and charging handle, slide a cleaning rod or dowel into the charging handle slot,  place gun on fire and then push on the rod.

im going with this

Offline Jdstout1

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 08:29:43 PM »
Thank you all for the advice, I was able to eject the round last night with the dowel method and ordered a new charging handle from HB Industries with all steel & aluminum parts. Appreciate the help you all provided and hope to get back to range soon with it!

Offline Silent service

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 08:51:47 PM »
I?m just glad the round didn?t go off while you were working on it. Precarious position you were in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 08:57:29 PM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. Know you mentioned you emailed cz and you haven't heard back,but now you got the round out and replacement part on the way. Hope you consider just calling cz-usa during business hours and bounce the issue of of their smith. They recommend may prevent it from reoccurrence. Be well.