Author Topic: M9A3 (Update!)  (Read 359 times)

Online Hrfunk

M9A3 (Update!)
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:02:12 PM »
Hi all! Here's my follow-up video after a grip and ammo change.

Howard

Offline Ron M.

Re: M9A3 (Update!)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 08:56:28 PM »
Good to see you were able to find what worked without having to change or adjust the sights.

My wife has found she needs to use the Vertec grip and 147gr Lawman or Gold Dots to hit point of aim.

Goes to show how a pistol sets in your hands is a big deal.

Online Hrfunk

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 05:57:37 AM »
I agree. Ive taken a bit of flak in the past for talking about grip ergonomics, especially when I mentioned that I don't care for Glock pistols because they don't fit my hand well or point naturally for me. While I agree that good training can help overcome such things, I think if a shooter has the option to use something that works better for him or her from the start it is beneficial to do so. In any case, thanks for watching and thanks for the reply!

Howard

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 09:27:00 AM »
I had no idea that you were on the CZ forum, HRFunk! Thanks for the last 3 videos on the M9A3!

That was a good call on using 124 grain ammo. As a side note, it seems like a lot of European made pistols-Beretta 92 M9, Sig P226, Browning Hi Power, Glock 17 etc- were all tested with 124 grain NATO spec ammo back when those pistols went through their testing.

And while Blazer brass 9mm is significantly lighter than NATO grade 9mm ammo, my buddy and I have had good results with 115 grain Blazer 9mm in our 92 series pistols. It's a pretty decent  practice load.

Online Hrfunk

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
I like the Blazer Brass ammo for general shooting, especially with my 9mm pistols. It provides a pretty good balance between performance and affordability. The M9A3 is one of my few pistols that didn't seem to care for it too much. I picked up a box of Winchester NATO ammunition over the weekend. When I get a chance, I'm going to give the M9A3 a try with that to see how it does.

Howard

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 12:23:56 PM »
     Hiya and thx for your thread,always enjoy your vids. Be well.