Author Topic: CZ 455 synthetic tactical - rear & front sight  (Read 2079 times)

Offline le_normand_resilient

CZ 455 synthetic tactical - rear & front sight
« on: April 13, 2019, 10:10:01 AM »
Hello everybody,

I have recently bought my first rifle in 22Lr caliber, a CZ 455 synthetic (see picture below).

The exact name (in french) is CZ 455 Synth?tique Filet?e Tactical (CZ 455 synthetic tactical in english):
https://www.armurerie-lavaux.com/article/Carabine-22LR-CZ-455-Synthetique-Filetee-Tactical.html

I don't manage to find the exact model in the US, but I think it' corresponds to CZ 455 american synthetic in US market.

This model comes without rear and front sight.

My question is, it is possible to add a rear and front sight on my CZ 455?
I am more looking for a sight not for shoot at long distances, but a metallic and strong/reliable like the basic sight of CZ or like on the M1 garand for example.

For the rear sight, I think it's easy because I have a 11mm dovetail.
But for the front sight, how can I add a sight without drill (if I need to drill this is the armorer who have to do the operation) ?
I guess the tip of my barrel is embarrassing to set the front sight on it.
I see some companies who sell this kind of sight for CZ455 (williamsgunsight)

If you have some advices to give me if it's possible to set a front and rear sight to avoid to always use a scope for shooting.

Thanks in advance for the answers ;D

Offline david s

Re: CZ 455 synthetic tactical - rear & front sight
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 09:51:21 PM »
Williams and NECG (New England Custom Guns) sell peep sights for the 11mm rail. Both sell solder on front sights and NECG has a barrel band front that is designed to be soldered on but has a set screw arrangement also. The barrel band front sight would require fitting and bluing. It would only work if the muzzle brake on your rifle unscrews and can be removed for fitting on your barrel. Your muzzle brake could then be refitted. You could of course epoxy on one of the solder on front sights. For the most part drilling and tapping for a sight isn't a big or expensive deal. At least not in the U.S..

anything