Author Topic: TS/CM Major  (Read 985 times)

Offline Crawl

TS/CM Major
« on: April 09, 2019, 02:53:16 PM »
Is there any reason that I should avoid shooting 9mm Major through a Czechmate or TS or TSO (all configured for Limited)?

Seems like if I'm already loading 9mm Major for the CM, then it is safe to shoot it through the other guns.

Offline George16

Re: TS/CM Major
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:15:09 PM »
It?ll shorten the life of your frame and slide especially if you?re using a recoil spring that?s 14# or less.

I?m shooting 169-171 of on my cm but rarely on my TSO because it doesn?t have a compensator that helps divert the gasses. The comp helps in lessening the rearward force applied to the frame and slide.

What power factor are your ammo?

Offline Crawl

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 04:20:23 PM »
Power Factor is generally about what you're running. I try to load for 168 as a low end. I figured I'd have more broken slide stops, but that's part of the game if I want to buy points.

How's it impacting the frame? The slide stop hole seems to take all the force, right? Am I missing something?

Offline George16

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
Force is transferred to the frame through the slide stop. That?s probably the reason why you had been breaking slide stops. I still have to break one and I?m using the pins on both my TSO and cm.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 06:45:26 PM »
Force is transferred from the barrel to the frame through the slide stop, the slide transfers force from the slide to the frame through the lug on the bottom of the slide.  The CM in the limited configuration is not designed or intended to use major ammo.  The CM factory recoil spring is 10#. works with the comp and major ammo, not so much without the comp and major ammo.  Running your CM with major ammo in the limited configuration I see lots of parts breakage in your future.