Author Topic: Can anyone identify what this mag belongs to ?  (Read 1193 times)

Offline wingding

Can anyone identify what this mag belongs to ?
« on: April 09, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »
Im trying to figure a way to show a mag I got in the mail of ebay...

It said it was a Cz handgun 'Large Frame' 

Now i always thought a CZ 'large frame is a Cz 75 or Cz SP-01

This thing..... I have no idea but it doesnt fit my Cz 75

Im trying to find a way to show the mag to everyone in hopes someone can identify it.

How do I do that?

Offline Phlyers13

Re: Can anyone identify what this mag belongs to ?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:21:24 PM »
Upload the picture to a hosting site like Imgur and then post the link using the image button.  Or you could just post the UPC on the packaging and we can look it up that way.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:38:09 PM »
I would have said a 97, or maybe Tac Sport depending on caliber, were large frame CZ?s.  But that?s coming from a Tanfoglio point of view where they have large and small frame 9mm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:45:56 PM by Ruber »

Offline wingding

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »
Thank you Phlyers13... that was very helpful... Im kinda a 'Old School' guy and not that computer literate BUT I am good at hashing things out and am bound and determined to get that photo here.

Give me a little time to figure out how that procedure works... This mag has me dumbfonded.. It kind looks something like a CZ mag...  but it sure dont fit any CZ75. I'll get it up here cause im really wanting to know what it is...

Offline wingding

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »
Ruber, I was definitely thinking like you ... 97.... but they say it's and I quote... Cz handgun 9 mm  'Large Frame'      and im figuring what else is a 'Large frame'  9 mm handgun other then a Cz 75 or SP-01? But A 97 is a 45 correct?

Got to get the photo up here... someone will recognize it..  OH  came in plastic bags and no UPC packaging.

The only identifiable clue so far is it says on it................... FT 'Made in Italy'   ...???  with a K9  on the other  side of it...

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 09:09:14 PM »
     Hiya wingding and thx for the thread. Well it docent fit the gun you bought it for,so I'd also think you'd be looking into if they have free shipping for your refund.
Visit a site like cajun,cz custom or cz-usa, find the drop down for mags and there you can see the difference and enlarge the screen as needed. The 97b,can only be the 10 rounder, and thinner than your current 75 mag. The TS mags are boxer looking verses the more oval shape of your 75mag. Might look in ads here for used mags.greg cote also carries ones that will work. Be well.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 09:13:39 PM »

The only identifiable clue so far is it says on it................... FT 'Made in Italy'   ...???  with a K9  on the other  side of it...
FT=Fratelli Tanfoglio
K9=Large Frame

Large frame 9mm witness, not sure if they?ll fit Tac Sport

10 or 17 rounds?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 01:14:21 PM by Ruber »

Offline wingding

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 09:33:23 PM »
Ok here goes....

https://imgur.com/kCkdv3D

Hope this works.... first time ever....

If I got it right your gonna see my CZ75 Mag on the left and the unknow mag on the right....      Boy this is sure a shot in the dark... but lets see....

IT WORKED!!! let me get a photo of the other side....   

Offline wingding

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
Ruber, that is a 17 round.

Gosh..im just shocked I was able to pull that off...

So it's a Tanfoglio ? did you see a photo of it?  and Thank you very much..

Adrian, at first the guy was like NO REFUND!   even after i showed what a CZ 75 mag looks like ... So I guess he was half right... it is a 'Large frame'   but a Tanfoglio..

But after i contested it with a dispute with Pay pal.... he later recanted and offered to take ..    I wonder, he sold me 2 that are brand new for a total of $28 with change for shipping... sounds cheap but I know nothing about Tanfoglio... I do know 2 new 17 round mags for a cz 75 is ultra cheap although the 17 was a bit making me wonder.

Offline Ruber

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »

You?re welcome, sorry your having issues.  I had not seen the photo but do enjoy large frame witnesses.

wonder, he sold me 2 that are brand new for a total of $28 with change for shipping... sounds cheap but I know nothing about Tanfoglio...
Tanfo mags are cheaper, but still a good deal.

Offline wingding

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »
He has JUST reconsidered after i put up a dispute with Pay pal... which was holding up his payment. 

I figure 28 for 2 is probably a good deal... $25 and 3 bucks plus for shipping.......but if you dont own that particular handgun [TanFoglio]   it is of no use...

So i lose a few bucks for postage but will get the rest back now... he just emailed and said he would take them back..[Thank goodness for the Pay Pal Block]

Im sure that made him reconsider.    Thank  you For your help to identify that mag. Peace to you Ruber, Wishing you the best. Thanks for the great info!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 11:13:08 PM »
I?m glad you are getting a good outcome, though I?m sure you could have sold them pretty easy (they are on sale for $25 each at Ben Stoeger).  They can be nice mags, after a clean and polish, mine have been totally reliable.

Best of luck to you!

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 04:55:14 AM »

Adrian, at first the guy was like NO REFUND!   even after i showed what a CZ 75 mag looks like ... So I guess he was half right... it is a 'Large frame'   but a Tanfoglio..

But after i contested it with a dispute with Pay pal.... he later recanted and offered to take ..    I wonder, he sold me 2 that are brand new for a total of $28 with change for shipping... sounds cheap but I know nothing about Tanfoglio... I do know 2 new 17 round mags for a cz 75 is ultra cheap although the 17 was a bit making me wonder.

I'd like to see the original ebay listing for these mags. Ebay being the liberal bullwash outfit they are DOES NOT allow the sale of high capacity magazines on their site.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 02:57:28 PM »
I'd like to see the original ebay listing for these mags. Ebay being the liberal bullwash outfit they are DOES NOT allow the sale of high capacity magazines on their site.

ditto
, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Offline wingding

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 11:32:14 PM »
Ok gentleman, let see what I can do with this ebay sale...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/extended-magazine-9mm-/123716376509?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dTnSdgB7Q17kGdigpCv%252BCD7izLc%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Maybe ebay is softning up on that knucklehead liberal stance???

extended-magazine-9mm
extended-magazine-9mm thumbnail 1
 extended-magazine-9mm thumbnail 2
 extended-magazine-9mm thumbnail 3
Have one to sell? Sell now - Have one to sell?
Shop with confidence
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Learn more - opens in new window or tab
Seller information
scottiep77 (17 )
87.5% Positive feedback
 Save this Seller
Contact seller
See other items
extended magazine 9mm
Condition:New
Ended: Apr 03, 2019 , 10:18PM
Sold for:US $25.00
[ 1 bid ]
  Add to list
Already paid? Go to your eBay Bucks - Activity View to see your eBay Bucks.
Shipping: $3.78 Standard Shipping | See details

Item location:
Mount Dora, Florida, United States

Ships to:
United States
Delivery:
Estimated on or before Thu. Apr. 18 to 18353
Payments:
PayPal  Visa  Master Card  Amex  Discover
PayPal Credit
Special financing available.  See terms
Returns: