Author Topic: Trigger pack to CZC the wait begins  (Read 6539 times)

Offline shootingsight

Re: Trigger pack to CZC the wait begins
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »
New trigger was being demoed at NRA show, to rave reviews, so I'm excited.  I just got the invoice from the NiB coating place, which means my parts are done and on their way back to me.  All good, unless UPS loses them :-)

Offline Perdition

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 12:10:05 AM »
Any update on your thoughts?

In the market for a new trigger pack and it seems we have three options now (or soon)

CZ Custom Trigger Pack
Black Collar Arms Scorpitrol
ShootingSight LLC Trigger Pack

Offline timetofly

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 08:02:57 AM »
I bought the CZC trigger pack and their disconnector.  Vast improvement over the stock trigger.  4lb pull to the wall and breaks at 4.5lbs with very little travel.  It was what I wanted for sure.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 03:27:19 PM »
Still waiting. Mine has been there waiting it's turn in line five weeks today. Depending on who you talk with they say ?six weeks usually less? but Stuart said in their email the custom shop Que was running eight weeks.

Of course the NRA show was going on during this time and CZC was debuting a new pistol design.

I expect the trigger and their workmanship will be worth the wait
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 12:56:55 PM by Inspector 12 »

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 10:16:14 PM »
ShootingSight trigger kits (parts only) are expected to start shipping next week.  Full drop in housings require some parts from CZ that are backordered, so those will be delayed.

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:51 AM »
Any update on your thoughts?

In the market for a new trigger pack and it seems we have three options now (or soon)

CZ Custom Trigger Pack
Black Collar Arms Scorpitrol
ShootingSight LLC Trigger Pack

Sounds like Shooting Sight is gonna be first back to Market with availability.  Their website has been updated to ~May 23 for the kit.  I've been checking on the Scorpitrol forever now and it's always the same - "Out of Stock".  The CZ shop looks to be quite busy if they are going to be 8 weeks out.

Looking at the Shooting Sight and the Scorpitrol, they look VERY similar in design, approach, and results.  Hard to tell any difference in looking at their website, specs, pics, etc.  The Scorpitrol is about 20% cheaper it appears but if it's not available, I guess that doesn't matter.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
Scorpitol is ShootingSight.  I designed and manufactured the trigger.

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »
Scorpitol is ShootingSight.  I designed and manufactured the trigger.

Well, there ya go...  that's why the look extremely similar  8) ;)

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »
Pretty jazzed, just got a note from Stuart that my trigger is done and will be shipped soon. Looking forward to it getting here. They beat their predicted completion date by a couple of weeks.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:36 PM »
The last component is at the anodizer and was *supposed* to be done today.  I actually drove up there this morning to pick up some other stuff and was told 'they are running right now, and will be done by the end of the day'.  So I drove back up at 4pm to pick them up and was told 'oh, she was supposed to call you, they didn't get done, and it will be Monday ...'.

I won't sell these before they are sitting on my bench assembled, because I don't trust something to not go wrong at the last minute (what do you mean 'they dissolved in the anodizing tank'?), but it is so close I can taste it.

New trigger pulls at around 4.5 to 5.0lb at break.

New trigger has about half the 2nd stage creep of the OEM.

New trigger has a break that is about 3x sharper than OEM.

<a href="https://shootingsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scorpion-Pull-Weight-Chart.pdf" target="_blank">https://shootingsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scorpion-Pull-Weight-Chart.pdf</a>

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
The last component is at the anodizer and was *supposed* to be done today.  I actually drove up there this morning to pick up some other stuff and was told 'they are running right now, and will be done by the end of the day'.  So I drove back up at 4pm to pick them up and was told 'oh, she was supposed to call you, they didn't get done, and it will be Monday ...'.

I won't sell these before they are sitting on my bench assembled, because I don't trust something to not go wrong at the last minute (what do you mean 'they dissolved in the anodizing tank'?), but it is so close I can taste it.

New trigger pulls at around 4.5 to 5.0lb at break.

New trigger has about half the 2nd stage creep of the OEM.

New trigger has a break that is about 3x sharper than OEM.

<a href="https://shootingsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scorpion-Pull-Weight-Chart.pdf" target="_blank">https://shootingsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Scorpion-Pull-Weight-Chart.pdf</a>

I look forward to hearing how your new trigger improvements work out. I like the concept of buying a pack already built, instead of installing the parts in my pack,  it offers options. 

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 11:09:31 PM »
I was actually quite surprised - I assumed the majority would not want to buy parts they already own, but indeed most of my requests so far have been for the complete cage,  I guess people feel that having a complete backup is worth it.

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 08:29:10 AM »
My trigger pack showed up from CZC yesterday afternoon. VERY pleased with the trigger pull, trigger travel, and reset improvements. Really looking forward to finally getting this thing to the range and giving it a spin.

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
I'm officially in stock and shipping for the 'kit' option, where you get parts and rebuild your trigger pack.

I'll put the 'drop-in' option up as soon as I get the back ordered components from CZ.

Offline TheMO

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 08:24:26 PM »
I'm officially in stock and shipping for the 'kit' option, where you get parts and rebuild your trigger pack.

I'll put the 'drop-in' option up as soon as I get the back ordered components from CZ.

Looking forward to your complete trigger pack and plan to order when they are available.    Happen to have a best-guess when your back ordered parts should arrive?

anything