Author Topic: What is the deal with P10 optics plates?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline StuckonGlocks21

What is the deal with P10 optics plates?
« on: April 10, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
Cz custom sold out of RMR plates in less than a day. Shooks customs RMR plates are way over due and not available. I can?t find any other source for them. I was able to order one at 3:00 am for an RMR but still need one for a Burris FF3. Why are these so hard to get? Whoever is managing CZ or the optic plate procurement has failed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

Re: What is the deal with P10 optics plates?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
     Hiya StuckonGlocks21 and thx for the thread. It was certainly a production and marketing hiccup to not have the plates readily avail for its optics ready guns. Marketing might go back and change it optics compatable tone more correct. From what little I've heard the shortage had led to czc actually making them,but not aware of cz-usa is providing the raw material and czc is then doing the machine work. But since it seems the only place in town,getting your order in properly at least begins the countdown. Be well.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 07:02:36 AM »
StuckonGlocks21--I ordered a CZC PT-4 when the notice first came up that they were back in stock, but I really needed a PT-2 for my Burris.  Got the PT-2 a couple of weeks later and that is what I have on my P-10F now.  But this Burris has an intermittent problem so I thought, maybe this is the time to try an RMR or Holosun, since I aleady had the mount, so I ordered a Holosun 507C and it will be here today.  I've not had anything but Burris so this will be interesting. 

Just get on the list at CZC and at CZ USA and hold on until one responds is all I can recommend. 

If I leave the Holosun on mine, and I'll know by Thursday, I'll loan you a PT-2 for a Burris if that will help and if you are in the US.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline StuckonGlocks21

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 07:51:53 AM »
StuckonGlocks21--I ordered a CZC PT-4 when the notice first came up that they were back in stock, but I really needed a PT-2 for my Burris.  Got the PT-2 a couple of weeks later and that is what I have on my P-10F now.  But this Burris has an intermittent problem so I thought, maybe this is the time to try an RMR or Holosun, since I aleady had the mount, so I ordered a Holosun 507C and it will be here today.  I've not had anything but Burris so this will be interesting. 

Just get on the list at CZC and at CZ USA and hold on until one responds is all I can recommend. 

If I leave the Holosun on mine, and I'll know by Thursday, I'll loan you a PT-2 for a Burris if that will help and if you are in the US.

Joe
Thank you so much for your generosity Joe L. I just finished ordering the PT-4, which CZC lists for the Burris FF3 sight, when I saw your post. I had previously ordered (and received) the PT-2 for the RMR. No problems with the mount or the RMR type 1 mounted on my F. I just wanted to try a 3 moa sight and the Burris seemed like an good inexpensive choice.

I also have a new Type 2 RMR that had to be sent back to trijicon for a faulty dot that was way too high. An acquaintance also had to return his new Type 2 RMR for the same reason. I guess even the purported best red dot sight has issues like the rest. My FF3 is currently mounted on a Ruger mk II and sees no recoil so it has not been tested like yours. I?ll see how it holds up to the F?s recoil when I receive the mount. Could you elaborate on the intermittent problem you are having with your Burris?
Again, thanks for your generous offer. I was just frustrated with the availability of the plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 08:36:23 AM »
Yes on the Burris.  I have 4 or 5 of them and have been using them since they first came out.  I am very happy with them.  One has been on a P-09 in a dovetail mount (Springer Precision) for maybe 10,000 rounds, no problems.  Another has been on a CZ-97B"E" for maybe 5,000 rounds, no problems.  Another on a 75B 9mm, no problems, and one on a CGW slide cut P-10C, no problems, but the last two don't have many rounds through them. 

The one I am having a problem with is the newest one and it intermittently just shuts off.  I need to check the battery compartment contacts, might just need to bend them a little. 

I have a problem with the dot intensity settings at times, depending on the shooting range conditions.  Many times in the winter, when it is gloomy at the range early in the morning, the dimmest dot is too dim and the next one up isn't crisp enough for precision shooting at, say, 100 yards.  So my only concern from a feature standpoint is I sometimes need more options for brightness.  That is really my only reason for trying the Holosun, as I am assuming this one Burris sight may have to be sent to Burris for repair, and I am not even sure about that yet.  And I need another red dot anyway so that I can leave one on the 75B.   

So, no complaints about the Burris at all.  More of an old guy shooting at sunrise in the mountains problem than a Burris problem. 

Joe

Hickeroar

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
This is the life of a P-10 owner at the moment. Almost immediately after any desirable part comes in, it's snapped up. The producers underestimate the demand, and so we're on this constant race to get stuff we want, and producers never accurately predict how fast things are going to get grabbed.

We currently have a huge community, and only a couple companies making after market stuff, and it's basically perpetually out of stock. It's baffling, honestly. It's also very aggravating.

Being a P-10 owner is great until you try to actually get a part for your gun. I despise Glock ergonomics, but i've seriously considered crawling back to Glock at several points over the past month, simply because I can't actually find any of the P-10 parts I want. At least on that side of the tracks I have hundreds of choices for any given part I might want.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:20:35 AM by Hickeroar »

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 10:09:34 PM »

Joe

I am interested in your tests on the 507c. I am considering one of them to get mounted to an upper. I like the idea of the EOTech-like dot in a circle.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Joe L

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 06:54:53 PM »
Eastman, so far so good on the Holosun.  I like it, but I'm using it on red dot only.  Will have to see how it holds up.
Joe

Offline eastman

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 09:36:18 PM »
Eastman, so far so good on the Holosun.  I like it, but I'm using it on red dot only.  Will have to see how it holds up.
Joe

Holosun will be exhibiting at the NRA Annual Meeting next weekend, so I will get the chance to look at them up close very soon.

Offline Squonk

• BANNED for being an ass
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 09:50:51 PM »
Holosun will be exhibiting at the NRA Annual Meeting next weekend, so I will get the chance to look at them up close very soon.
I will be there on Sunday.  ;D
I was an ass and got myself banned.

Offline eastman

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »
Holosun 507c update

I looked at the sight at the NRAAM last weekend. Was probably going to buy one until I something even better.

The not yet available for sale version with a green reticle instead of red. I will buy the green dot sight when it become available.

anything