Author Topic: Need a Little Help  (Read 603 times)

Offline JT79

Need a Little Help
« on: April 14, 2019, 10:44:13 PM »
Just bought my first CZ three weeks ago, a CZ P07.  I love it and I want to keep it a very long time.  I am having one issue with it.  I have taken it to the range three times now and I continue to get failures to feed. I am shooting Fiochi 115gr FMJ and it is happening with both magazines.  I sent an email to CZ USA Today looking for a little guidance, but I thought I'd ask some veteran CZ guys.  I've put a total of about 400 rounds, give or take through the gun.  Through the first 150 rounds there were 4 failures to feed, since then 2, so they have decreased, but I'm still concerned.  I bought it to eventually carry so I'm looking for an answer because I absolutely love the gun otherwise.  Do I need to give it a little more time to break in, or do I have an issue? 

Also, I've cleaned and lubed before every trip, I point this out just out of pure curiosity because the Glocks I've owned seem to run better a little dirty...for me anyhow.

*Please point me in the right direction if this has already been discussed previously.

Offline Joe L

Re: Need a Little Help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 10:52:34 PM »
I would give it a little more time to loosen up some.  Being tight new isn't a bad thing, as long as it loosens up.  If it is failing to catch the next round on recoil and not feeding, then some stouter ammo will fix it until it loosens up.  If it is catching the next round but not going back in to lock up, the slide may still be dragging some, maybe on the polymer itself. 

Use some light oil on the slide rails instead of grease and see if the problem goes away.  After a few hundred more rounds, it should run fine.  If it doesn't, you will need to do some inspection and see where the drag is on the slide. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 11:54:52 PM »
     Hiya JT79 and thanks for your thread. And sounds like in the three range visits and getting failures to feed with both mags and using perfectly good ammo,I'd be scratching my noggin too. The email to cz was fine,but do give cz-usa a ring on your break tomorrow 9-4pm and request to speak to a smith, ya bought it 3 weeks ago,stoppages occurring with each of the three outings ,is about three outings to much. High probability they will request gun and mags sent back,shipping labels sent to your email to print and ship out,same day. You paid for the warranty in the retail price,so use it.
     I might be incorrect,but thought generally our beloved cz's have undergone testing and 6 stoppages are avg to 15,000rds of use. So all 6 in half a case of ammo,bad luck? or something slipped thru quality control.Cz will most likely make it right. Just hope its with the first try tho. For a EDC,or HD if the stoppages persist I myself send that platform to the range only bin and its not considered reliable for EDC/HD. Fortunately only had one handgun and one shotgun not pass muster.
     A owners manual should have been in your case,otherwise you can google and download the pdf if needed. On pg 13 under trouble shooting,the first of four is failure to feed and "magazine is not fully inserted or is damaged" and 'the pistol or cartridges are fouled (dirty) or too heavily greased." So if you were to excited to clean the factory lube before the first range visit ,and subsequently did clean and lube properly,could explain,in part a decrease in the FTF. If you were using WWB for ammo I could lean towards it as dirty,but yours is perfectly fine.
     So thanks for sharing your issue, remember we love pics to help us as well. If at a range where the RO's (range officers) are provided,use them,they also have alot of experience giving free advice,education,and even can critique things outside our awarness that may be contributing to a given stoppage. Let us know what ya figure out. Be well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:23:43 AM »
I'd try some different ammo.  My CZ's like Federal 115 grain FMJ, for range use.  I've started buying it in the 100 round boxes at Walmart for about $18 a box.

For what it's worth, my P07 and P09's were 100% right out of the box.  Never any issues, new or dirty.  Only one CZ has had feed issues and that was my new Urban Gray P01.  Finally polished the feed ramp and got rid of those bullet nose jammed into the fee ramp jams (I couldn't see it, but I could feel it with my fingernail - a scratch/groove running across the feed ramp from one side to the other that the black coating had covered up well enough to make it hard to see).

Good luck with it.  They are pretty good pistols.  My P07 is my daily concealed carry pistol.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline JT79

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 07:21:10 AM »
Thanks for the insight guys. A lot of useful information. Really appreciate this forum!  I’ll be taking the advice given this week and see if we can get her straight. I really want the gun to run well, it’s an awesome firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Winkel

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:33:29 PM »
I'd try some different ammo.  My CZ's like Federal 115 grain FMJ, for range use.  I've started buying it in the 100 round boxes at Walmart for about $18 a box.

For what it's worth, my P07 and P09's were 100% right out of the box.  Never any issues, new or dirty.  Only one CZ has had feed issues and that was my new Urban Gray P01.  Finally polished the feed ramp and got rid of those bullet nose jammed into the fee ramp jams (I couldn't see it, but I could feel it with my fingernail - a scratch/groove running across the feed ramp from one side to the other that the black coating had covered up well enough to make it hard to see).

Good luck with it.  They are pretty good pistols.  My P07 is my daily concealed carry pistol.
This is the ammo that I shoot the most.  It runs pretty clean and is priced well.  I had to lighten the recoil spring on my P-07 when I got it.  How far is it throwing the empties?
Try some hotter ammo until it loosens up a little and keep the rails lubed in the mean time.

Offline JT79

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »

This is the ammo that I shoot the most.  It runs pretty clean and is priced well.  I had to lighten the recoil spring on my P-07 when I got it.  How far is it throwing the empties?
Try some hotter ammo until it loosens up a little and keep the rails lubed in the mean time.

It’s ejecting casings in average with my other pistol’s solidly. I just ordered 1,000 rounds of federal 124gr (on sale at sportsmansguide.com). Figured I’d put her to work over the next 7-10 days and see what happens.

Offline JT79

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 05:03:14 PM »
Took my P07 to the range today with 124gr Federal ammo.  120 rounds without a single issue.  Ran 30 rounds of Fiochi 115gr and had 1 failure to feed.  CZ is saying send it back to them, but I'm more than happy with the way it shot with the 124gr.  I am thinking from what you guys have told me that my issue will resolve itself as the gun gets broken in.  Does anyone think I need to send this gun to CZ?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
I don't think I would send it in, I would just shoot it.  Put the Fiocci 115 aside for now and put a few more rounds through it.  I'm thinking it will eventually cycle fine with the Fiocci also.  You are nearly there. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline DanMore

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »
Just bought my first CZ three weeks ago, a CZ P07.  I love it and I want to keep it a very long time.  I am having one issue with it.  I have taken it to the range three times now and I continue to get failures to feed. I am shooting Fiochi 115gr FMJ and it is happening with both magazines.  I sent an email to CZ USA Today looking for a little guidance, but I thought I'd ask some veteran CZ guys.  I've put a total of about 400 rounds, give or take through the gun.  Through the first 150 rounds there were 4 failures to feed, since then 2, so they have decreased, but I'm still concerned.  I bought it to eventually carry so I'm looking for an answer because I absolutely love the gun otherwise.  Do I need to give it a little more time to break in, or do I have an issue? 

Also, I've cleaned and lubed before every trip, I point this out just out of pure curiosity because the Glocks I've owned seem to run better a little dirty...for me anyhow.

*Please point me in the right direction if this has already been discussed previously.

CZ in CZ generally use S&B 124grain ammo and I have found that CU runs best with 124grain ammo.

Offline JT79

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »
I’m gonna stick with it an run the 124gr for a while, maybe just switch completely. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Offline Winkel

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2019, 09:08:29 PM »
I don't think I would send it in, I would just shoot it.  Put the Fiocci 115 aside for now and put a few more rounds through it.  I'm thinking it will eventually cycle fine with the Fiocci also.  You are nearly there. 

Joe
My thoughts exactly.  Just run her and she'll settle in.

Offline adrian

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 09:25:58 PM »
     Hiya JT79 and thx for rechiming back on your thread. On the one hand I'm glad that what ever you did or didn't do resulted in a significant decrease in stoppage,just the one last outing. And it sounds like you did hear back from cz with their advise and I'm sure you won't get scolded if you want to send it in a month or two. Its important for us to hear they stand behind the product, and up to operators to listen or act on advice as they deem necessary. Freedom of choice most important. Be well.

Offline JT79

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2019, 10:52:12 PM »
     Hiya JT79 and thx for rechiming back on your thread. On the one hand I'm glad that what ever you did or didn't do resulted in a significant decrease in stoppage,just the one last outing. And it sounds like you did hear back from cz with their advise and I'm sure you won't get scolded if you want to send it in a month or two. Its important for us to hear they stand behind the product, and up to operators to listen or act on advice as they deem necessary. Freedom of choice most important. Be well.

I was torn between sending it back and trying different ammo/breaking it in more.  I’ve had failure to eject issues with new Glocks in the past and they always smoothed out with work. I started feeling like I may have been panicking since I’m new to CZ. I feel pretty good about it now.  If it persists over the next week or two I’m gonna send it on in, but I’m hopeful I won’t have to.

Offline Ohio CZ

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2019, 11:58:05 PM »
I agree with these guys. Some guns just take some rounds through them to loosen up. I bought a new Beretta PX4 compact Friday, shot the same day. It hung feeding two rounds. Three times the slide didn't stay open at the last round. I was using Sellier & Bellot 124gr.  Took it home, broke it down and cleaned it good. Lubed it with light oil as was mentioned above. Today it didn't miss a beat.
I support diversity in firearm ownership

Arsenal  AK-47
Beretta 92FS - 9mm
Beretta 92FS INOX - 9mm
Beretta PX4 subcompact - 9mm
Beretta PX4 compact - 9mm
CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom
Glock 21 Gen3
Heckler & Koch P30L - 9mm
Desert Eagle - 44mag
Mossberg 88 12ga
Sig Sauer P226 RX 9mm