Author Topic: Magpul Grip  (Read 2921 times)

Offline brisix

Magpul Grip
« on: April 15, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Just received my Magpul Grip.  Fit is excellent.  I was able to remove the lower with the grip in the forward most position.

It is more rounded than the the Yetiwurks and has more aggressive texture. 

Overall it is a solid grip that fits my hand better than the Yetiwurks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rbuzz00

Re: Magpul Grip
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:42:21 PM »
Looks good. You can generally count on Magpul to come out with a quality product.

I haven't seen one in person yet. Is the grip made up of a left and a right side that are screwed together? I'm wondering what those two screws are on the left side of the grip. Most other grips are  one piece.  That's probably the only thing I don't like about the Magpul grip. It would look better if it didn't have those two exposed screw heads.

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:54:57 PM »
I just got mine on also.  For anyone who wants to buy my Yeti Wurks Switchback grip (Version 1), send a PM.

Magpul Grip                                  Yeti Wurks Switchback w/Hogue slip-on

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:13:08 PM by Border Dave »

Offline M012617

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 08:00:15 PM »
Looks great! I ordered mine from Optics Planet awhile ago but they haven't started shipping yet.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Border Dave

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »
I haven't seen one in person yet. Is the grip made up of a left and a right side that are screwed together? I'm wondering what those two screws are on the left side of the grip. Most other grips are  one piece.  That's probably the only thing I don't like about the Magpul grip. It would look better if it didn't have those two exposed screw heads.

I completely agree.  I don't know why they made it in two pieces like that.  Also, it doesn't have a storage compartment like the Yeti Wurks Switchback has.

Offline brisix

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 07:28:34 AM »
Looks good. You can generally count on Magpul to come out with a quality product.

It is two halves.  To get my grip on I had to loosen the two screws and lightly tap the back of the grip to get it in position.

Offline John A.

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:58:41 AM »
Looks great! I ordered mine from Optics Planet awhile ago but they haven't started shipping yet.

That's where you screwed up.

Optics planet often advertises products they don't have, at a serious markup, and then asks a distributor or the manufacturer to drop ship them.

In short, they are not a very good company to do business with.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline brisix

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
On the day Magpul announced on Facebook product shipping I went to Opticsplant and order 2 grips because it said in stock.  Once I got the order confirmation the status was delayed shipping.  I canceled my order and went to Magpul and ordered direct.  It shipped the next day.

Offline M012617

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 05:30:30 PM »

That's where you screwed up.

Optics planet often advertises products they don't have, at a serious markup, and then asks a distributor or the manufacturer to drop ship them.

In short, they are not a very good company to do business with.
Never again man.

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 09:10:22 PM »
I just received mine from Brownells today and let’s just say I am disappointed. I love Magpul products. I have mags, grips, handguards and I have never had anything negative to say about any of their products. I even have a Magpul cell phone case that I think is great, but the EVO grip has some issues for me. First the positive, I do like the angle of the grip and how it feels in the hand. Now for the issues. First I had to separate the two halves to get the grip on. There was no way the grip was going to slide on. Second, once the grip is installed there is a gap at the top of the grip. I have tried multiple times putting the grip on and really cranking down on the screws but there is still a gap. Lastly, I cannot remove the trigger pack with the grip installed. Again, I tried putting it on multiple times and fidgeting the grips position but no matter what I cannot remove the lower with the Magpul grip installed. Keep in mind I have three Evo Scorpions. I have installed other after market products for my Scorpions and never had an issue. Personally I think this product will result in some negative feedback and it will only be a short time that they will release a Gen 2 version. Hopefully the Gen 2 will be one piece, with better fit, and a storage compartment. I will try to post some pics of it installed with the gap.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 09:06:45 AM by RockSemiAuto »

Offline frbank6

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:56 PM »
I got my grip from MagPul Saturday and my experience with the fit is exactly as yours; a gap at the top rear of the grip.  I also had to loosen the two screws to install as it was not going on otherwise.  Very disappointed.  By the way, I also love their phone cases.

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »
I got my grip from MagPul Saturday and my experience with the fit is exactly as yours; a gap at the top rear of the grip.  I also had to loosen the two screws to install as it was not going on otherwise.  Very disappointed.  By the way, I also love their phone cases.

Good to hear that I am not the only one with the issues. Here are some pics.

Offline moshee

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 11:17:56 PM »
Same experiences with my Magpul grip.  I installed with a rubber mallet and didn't need to loosen the two screws.  Following instructions, I tapped grip until it was in full forward position flush against the trigger pack.  In this position, the trigger pack was not removable.  However, tapping the grip about 1/32 inch (or less) back allowed the trigger pack to be easily removed.  Only an ever so slight bit back is necessary and gap isn't even visible.  Installed, the back of my grip also had a gap at the top of the backside.  Not sure, but the trigger pack may be looser with the Magpul grip.  However, I don't feel like reinstalling the OEM grip to verify this. On the positive side, the texture feels good in the hands and provides a solid grip.  The angle is much better than the OEM grip.  I will keep the Magpul grip on since it satisfies my 922r requirement.

Offline Manticore_Arms

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 11:47:03 PM »
It aint just you guys having issues...

We got a free sample grip from Magpul to display on one of our Scorpions at NRA in Indy this week- same issues on all three in house guns we tried it on- had to split the halves just to get it on the guns, a gap at the back and unable to remove the trigger pack once the grip was on.

Took it off and using OEM grips.

Ergonomics are great, but the construction and fitment is a no go in my book.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Offline spoooon

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 07:55:34 AM »
That's a bummer. OP, did you have the same issue? I ordered one the other day, hasn't shipped yet, might cancel.