Author Topic: Magpul Grip  (Read 7926 times)

Offline Hammer Time

Re: Magpul Grip
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2020, 07:43:32 PM »
Apex grip went right on mine, no problems. I've really started avoiding Magpul stuff after a series of disappointing experiences lately.

75 SP-01 Tac

75 D PCR

P-07 OD

Scorpion Evo 3 S1

Offline Perdition

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2020, 12:42:41 AM »
After more sanding I managed to get the grip installed.  There's still a slight gap in the back near the receiver.  I could fix this with more effort but it's close enough.  Despite it's shortcomings, it feels fantastic in hand.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »
fter more sanding I managed to get the grip installed.  There's still a slight gap in the back near the receiver.  I could fix this with more effort but it's close enough.  Despite it's shortcomings, it feels fantastic in hand.
If you haven't removed the grips 2 screws and tried each half, that might help.

I found that the lugs on the grip are square in profile and those on the receiver are trapezoidal. I reshaped the grips lugs a bit, making the tops smaller and therefore more trapezoidal and it eventually fit, without a gap. Much more work that I would have liked.

I also discovered that I prefer the standard CZ grip shape to the Magpul. When I took my support hand off the handguard, as to reload, the scorpion would tend to go muzzle down, which it did not do with the stock grip. Probably has to do with the width.