Author Topic: Old Police Jericho  (Read 641 times)

Offline Mattwood440

Old Police Jericho
« on: April 16, 2019, 01:19:06 AM »
Centerfire Systems imported some which are now starting to find their way into people's hands. There seems to be little info on the web about 941s specifically like these, such as when these particular variants would have been produced. Any info would be appreciated and I'd like to hear from others who pick these up.

Mine: IMI 941F, Israeli police "star" marked, frame mounted safety, polygonal barrel, trigger that makes it single action only, and lanyard ring. Bottom of the mag has reflective tape too because I guess that was a way of identifying a "friendly."

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:37:44 AM by Mattwood440 »

Offline adrian

Re: Old Police Jericho
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 03:18:16 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread Mattwood440,and welcome to the forum.Ya might have proper luck searching with the forums search function,or reading the old posts in the cz clone section of the forum. Best best is to just google ,Israel weapon industries LTD and call their number to talk to a rep,or email the thread to them at there website. But did wonder if your came with two barrels and if so what the cal. were for them?  And not clear on the rational with the reflective tape and its location. Would not an officers cap make a more practical place, if point is to identify a friendly quickly. And I'd hope the unfriendly's were not crafty enough to employ counter friendly reflective tape,thus disguising their actual friendlyness. Be well.

Offline Mattwood440

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread Mattwood440,and welcome to the forum.Ya might have proper luck searching with the forums search function,or reading the old posts in the cz clone section of the forum. Best best is to just google ,Israel weapon industries LTD and call their number to talk to a rep,or email the thread to them at there website. But did wonder if your came with two barrels and if so what the cal. were for them?  And not clear on the rational with the reflective tape and its location. Would not an officers cap make a more practical place, if point is to identify a friendly quickly. And I'd hope the unfriendly's were not crafty enough to employ counter friendly reflective tape,thus disguising their actual friendlyness. Be well.

I don't think IWI can help with the IMI ones unless I'm mistaken. The info on these early ones seems spread out at best and It'd be good to consolidate. Heck, just 6 years ago it was relatively unknown that the single action trigger was a factory option. I'd love to narrow mine down to a year range at least. It does not have the .41AE barrel (unfortunately). I'm busy atm but I have another link to one like mine with the tape on the slide. Coming soon

Offline snakeye

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:31:25 PM »
You didn't say if you got the manual with it.  If not maybe this will help

https://iwi.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/042815-JERICHO-Manual-08-011-08-15-00.pdf

Offline Mattwood440

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »
You didn't say if you got the manual with it.  If not maybe this will help

https://iwi.us/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/042815-JERICHO-Manual-08-011-08-15-00.pdf

Thanks! You rock

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Mattwood440!  :)

Your old Police Jericho was probably made in the late 1980's/Early 1990's time frame, but as the 941's have been in continuous production since the late 1980's, it's really hard to say.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Mattwood440

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 05:40:10 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Mattwood440!  :)

Your old Police Jericho was probably made in the late 1980's/Early 1990's time frame, but as the 941's have been in continuous production since the late 1980's, it's really hard to say.

That's awesome. I love my CZ P-09 but I love old cop guns even more. Double bonus! Maybe I can create the first ever OLD Jericho database  ;D

Offline hemiram

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
I got mine yesterday, a FS nickeled SAO one, in nice shape, except for the grips, which are starting to disintegrate on the left side, and the right is just sticky and looks bad. There is some sort of tape residue on the front of the grip frame, I'm guessing some sort of grip tape was put on and yanked off before it got tossed into the box.I saw zero pits anywhere externally. I haven't taken it apart yet for a good cleaning, but it is really nasty inside.  I ordered grips, a recoil spring, A slide stop (I needed a spare one just in case, and it fits like 6 of my guns) , and some grip screws, as the originals are slightly worn and the slots have rust in them. I really wanted a nickel DA/SA Jericho FS to go along with my "Semi Compact" oxide finished one, but the DA ones were gone when I went to the Centerfire site to order. Oh well. The slide to frame fit is almost as good as my Tanfoglio "Mossad" full sized gun I bought from CDI about 10 years ago.

Offline Sams1

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 11:49:42 PM »

Hemiram, et all, I have the same Chrome Jericho 941F as well as the FS from Centerfire.  Love them both!  Very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Took both apart for deep cleaning (polished internal also) - they needed it! They now run smoothly like an oiled Singer Sewing machine...

Also, I'm sure your pistol has mars and scuffs on the chrome surfaces on both slide and frame - a good way to "re-dress" the chrome surfaces and make it Look Like New (!) is to get these 'Scotchbrite' bonnets (Amazon), mount one on your Dremel and work the surfaces - I use the 300 grit (Green) or 400 (Black) bonnet and the results will AMAZE you!!  Do it, and I'm sure you'll be happy to buy me a cold beer if we ever run into each other...   ;D

Also,  I am curious where you purchased the spare/replacement parts you mentioned?

Offline hemiram

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 02:36:43 AM »
Thanks! I will probably leave the new one alone, it depends what it looks like after it's all cleaned up.

I got the parts from www.iwi.us

Offline hemiram

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 04:49:34 AM »
Here is a couple of pics after a quick cleanup. Both grip panels are cracked and will be tossed when the new one arrive and only then will it get a full cleanup. No pits inside or out. Safety is almost as stiff as a new gun's is, and the white dots on the sights are yellowed and faded. Every groove in the slide and frame both are full of some kind of sticky black gunk that is, I believe, grip tape adhesive. I need to find my sight paint kit and take care of those sight dots. The sights show more wear than anything else on the gun, like my "Mossad" fullsized gun I bought years ago.  Oh, and something strange, it has a CDI import stamp. Hmmm...

And my Mossad, from the CDI auction pics:

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 06:27:30 PM »
Looks like a good project with potential.  8) Waiting to see how it all turns out!   :)
Good Luck with it!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline singlestack2974

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 09:39:18 PM »

You’re lucky. The one I got from Centerfire has small pitting under the grips.
My sights were also dinged.
Plan on replacing them soon with trijicons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
V/R HM2 Jaime Ferrer USN
NOSC Earle N9
Colts Neck, NJ

Offline hemiram

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 06:32:25 AM »
I'm going to have to see how it shoots before I put any more money into it for sights than I already have. It's not going to be carried anyway. If I was going to carry any of my surplus guns, it would be the Mossad gun in the pics above. That gun was/is a total winner from day one. Out of the box, it functioned flawlessly, even full of crud. I just changed the recoil spring because it was weak and seemed to be nailing the slide stop pretty hard.

anything