Author Topic: Almost bought a Glock...  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
Almost bought a Glock...
« on: April 17, 2019, 12:05:59 PM »
Presented with a 43x and 19, like new, cheap, almost went for it just to have one... What the hell was I thinking? :o

75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E American .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline Yankchef

Re: Almost bought a Glock...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 12:19:16 PM »
Nothing wrong with having a glock in the collection, you'll just have to do a lot to it to take it from a good gun to a great one

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline ssqman

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 02:55:55 PM »
Actually, if a person was getting a Glock, either of those would be a great choice.
No, Google is not my friend

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 02:59:35 PM »
I was anti glock for a while but I recently got a gen 5 34 mos model in a trade and after a syndicate trigger shoe and some frame work (stipple and undercut) it performs as well as any of my plastic guns maybe not quite to the level of my tricked out p09 but still a bleep fine piece

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
     Hiya and thanks for the thread. Maybe you just generally like firearms,and if they we offered to you for the change in your pocket,good chance your thread would have a different title. Cheers.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »
I'm a certified striker hater but if they were cheap enough I might  jump on the deal just to flip them and make a buck or for use as trading fodder for something I really want.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 04:57:15 PM »
The fellow I met at the range on Monday who tried my P-10F and P-10C is probably making someone a good deal on his Glock 19 as we type.    :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F

Offline motorcyclist

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »
Nothing wrong with Glocks. Bought my first one 30 years ago and have had at least one since. Back then about the only other handgun without a safety was a revolver. Being left handed, that very much appealed to me.
Around here a Glock in your hand is like cash. You can sell one in a couple hours. More than once I've bought a Glock (and other guns!) from someone hard up for cash, then turned around and sold or traded it the next day on armslist for a profit. I would of snapped up that 19 and 43X in a heart beat and made some money.

Offline Coyote56

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 11:58:07 AM »
I have a couple Glocks. Both lack any personality whatsoever but they are excellent defensive sidearms. Sure easy to find accessories for them too...

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 02:50:26 PM »
I bought a Glock (several years ago) after having shot two others and declaring I had no need of something that wouldn't shoot good groups.  Well, mine doesn't shoot good groups either.  Replacing the Glock barrel with a Lone Wolf barrel made an improvement, but still not up to standards.

Skip forward past the XDM's I bought an M&P 9MM.  Then a .40 S&W and S&W factory .357 SIG barrel.  Lack of accuracy and reliability problems with the 9MM, then the .357 SIG led me to CZ's.  Now I had a gun that was reliable, felt good in my hand and shot better than any of the previous 4 brands I'd bought in any of the calibers.  That DUTY .40 S&W is IWB every time I get in a vehicle and go somewhere.  Went down the road with me this morning to the doctor's office.

You know what I did a few days ago?  I up and ordered a Performance Center M&P Shield in 9MM for my wife (she'd been complaining her C75 Compact was too heavy????)  We picked it up yesterday and went to the range.  I shoot better groups with that itty bitty 9MM than I shoot with the Glock, one of the XDM's (the big 5.25" was a disappointment from the start) and better than the two full size M&P's.

How does a tiny pistol like that shoot such good groups (8 rounds all touching/tearing a long hole) at 7.5 yds., offhand, too.  I think we'll keep it.  And the trigger ain't too bad either, though I've not put the trigger pull ga. on it yet.

Every now and then you get lucky....or is it unlucky?
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 04:02:05 PM »
I put 5 rounds through a Glock 19 today.  1st time with a Glock.  Ragged hole at 20 yards.  I’d buy one. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2019, 07:16:05 PM »
Say what you want, but I trust my life with Glocks. 

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2019, 07:30:28 PM »
I have some glocks  and they fit a purpose very well.  If I ever had to leave my house in a hurry in a SHTF situation and could only take one gun, I’d grab my G19.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »
I used to be Glock only when I first got into handguns. I had a 22, 23, 27, 32, 17 and 34. I found they just did not fit my hand correctly (this was during the Gen 3 years). I then moved on and sold all of them. With the Gen 4 and 5 changes I thought I would check them out again and they do nothing for me. Glock is a great weapon for sure, but just not for me.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 08:00:14 PM »
I've shot and carried and worked on Glocks for so long now I tend to shoot them better than other handguns. Just feel natural for me I guess. My carry piece is a Glock G19 Gen3 with an rtf2 frame, gold bead front sight and Wilson Combat U-notch rear. It rides in a High Noon Slide Guard Holster. I shoot that gun better than anything else. It's my go-to gun.

anything