Author Topic: Almost bought a Glock...  (Read 4239 times)

Offline WWG1WGA

Re: Almost bought a Glock...
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »
Nothing wrong with Glocks. Bought my first one 30 years ago and have had at least one since. Back then about the only other handgun without a safety was a revolver. Being left handed, that very much appealed to me.
Around here a Glock in your hand is like cash. You can sell one in a couple hours. More than once I've bought a Glock (and other guns!) from someone hard up for cash, then turned around and sold or traded it the next day on armslist for a profit. I would of snapped up that 19 and 43X in a heart beat and made some money.

Yep. I've shot the snot out of several Glocks in the past year and sold them all at a MINIMUM of $100 profit.

I sold one dude a Glock 42 (that I bought for $369) for $800!

Frankly, it's been a hoot to be able to buy pistols, try them out, then sell them off to finance the next one.

It seems that the buyers that I run into through Armlist are either sorta sketchy and don't necessarily want to run their background at the Cabela's counter or they're guys that COMPLETELY want to be "off the grid" (we have a lot of that here in northern Nevada).

The private sale laws are changing here in Nevada in 2020, so I'm taking advantage of being able to buy and sell easily while I can.

Addendum: There have definitely been guys on Armslist that I haven't sold to. Either they didn't have NV ID (Californians desperately try to buy guns in NV because I'd imagine they can turn around and sell them for huge profits in CA) or they were just a little too shady for my tastes.   
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 11:28:39 PM by WWG1WGA »

Offline WWG1WGA

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 11:40:39 PM »
Of all the Glocks that I've shot, the 43x is my favorite. It lives in my truck  ;)

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 11:44:01 PM »
My glock 34 mos  with minor customization, some grip work and texturing and an agency trigger shoe. Better than a p10c or q5 match? I dunno I can't say at this point but I very much like them all

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

Offline WWG1WGA

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »
That's a very cool rig you've got there.

I was up entirely too late watching vids on that Holosun last night.

I have an optics-ready P-10F and can't decide if I want your same optic or if I want to hold out for the new Trijicon SRO.

The Holosun might be a nice compromise between the RMR (too small) and the SRO (too large).

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2019, 12:04:57 AM »
For 200 bucks I'm a fan, if I was going to spend 300 I'd just get a dpp but that sro looks like the best of all worlds but it's $$$

Offline WWG1WGA

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2019, 12:09:47 AM »
I can't argue with anything you just wrote haha

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2019, 10:19:28 AM »
 Don't forget Vortex Viper oh, it has a lifetime warranty.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline viking499

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 10:23:33 AM »
Don't forget Vortex Viper oh, it has a lifetime warranty.

And the Vortex Venom

Offline Yankchef

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2019, 11:27:15 AM »
I like the viper it was my first optic. I hate the auto shutoff tho and the fact it has to be mounted on a rig with irons forward or not at all. I don't mind running a red dot with no irons (I know I know the what if brigade wahhh) but I really don't want to run a red dot with no irons that shuts itself off. Which is why I prefer the dpp and 507c with auto turn on with motion

Also why I decided to use my viper like this

« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 02:21:29 PM by Yankchef »

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2019, 09:38:57 AM »
Yeah the Viper shuts itself off after I believe 12 to 14 hours. halfway through your day of carrying it , shut it off and turn it back on your good to go for another 12-14 hrs.
I like the Viper because it has a lower profile then most other RDS.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Rdneck

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »
I had rather target shoot with my 1911, my CZ or my Sigs,  but I have a G19 for my nightstand/carry gun.  Glocks have their place.  I must admit I looked pretty hard at a G34 last weekend at a gun show.
I had rather be hated for what I am
than loved for what I'm not.

Offline Kelsw

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2019, 10:58:41 PM »
My small collection is sp-01 tactical , p-09 , g34 gen 4 and a shield 9mm 1.0 . I had a PPQ but that got traded towards the sp-01 , I wanted a all metal pistol . My shield is my carry the rest are HD or range . To me guns are like food , some people like pizza , some like hamburgers . I enjoy shooting them all , they all have their own quirks and pluses and minuses . I try to stick with simpler pistols ie break down etc . 

Offline timetofly

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2019, 12:58:31 PM »
I've had a curiosity with the G19 gen4 and found an unissued for sale and picked it up for a reasonable price.  I've got to admit it shot well and I'm not disappointed at all.  My 43X has been a nice pistol to shoot in the 5-15 yard range. 

All in all, the two glocks are about the only pistols I have that I would sell, but I would miss them a little.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline CrazyDave

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 08:48:08 PM »
I have almost fell for that trap.  A few "blocks" have almost followed me home.  The grip angle, poor trigger, and general availability of firearms I like better always stopped me.  I'd rather a FN or a HK.  Maybe when I finally have one of everything else I will feel obligated to buy  one, until then there is no room in my safe for such a odd feeling firearm.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2019, 01:44:38 PM »
My Glock...received Monday.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

anything