Author Topic: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate  (Read 24427 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 07:43:07 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. Sounds like you got your answer from cz. Thats a pretty high price to bo backstraps ,can ya show what you are having engraved on them,as long as its fit for work graphics. Be well.
Read the post, it says $350 for plating, not for backstrap engraving.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »
I've no doubt it's stainless.. CZ's reputation would be seriously harmed if they chrome plated guns, and peddled them off as polished stainless.. Besides would'nt doing something like that fall under false advertising?

These were a contract overrun, not a cataloged SKU.  If I remember right, the box says ?stainless? not ?high polish? stainless like the 75b variant.  Technically they could be stainless steel that has been plated, wether that was what the customer ordered or CZ thought they could fill the order faster do plate as opposed to hand polish each gun, who knows.  I question it myself because all of the 91197?s have a yellowish tint to them that the 75 polished does not.  Only way to really know is when somebody decides to have the gun media blasted. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the advertising out there says High polish

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/cz-usa/91197-p-01-pistol-9mm-3-8in-14rd-high-polish/

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/415005011/cz_p-01_9mm_high_polish_bright_sts_14+1
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2019, 04:12:56 PM »
I've no doubt it's stainless.. CZ's reputation would be seriously harmed if they chrome plated guns, and peddled them off as polished stainless.. Besides would'nt doing something like that fall under false advertising?

These were a contract overrun, not a cataloged SKU.  If I remember right, the box says ?stainless? not ?high polish? stainless like the 75b variant.  Technically they could be stainless steel that has been plated, wether that was what the customer ordered or CZ thought they could fill the order faster do plate as opposed to hand polish each gun, who knows.  I question it myself because all of the 91197?s have a yellowish tint to them that the 75 polished does not.  Only way to really know is when somebody decides to have the gun media blasted. 

All of the advertising out there says High polish

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/cz-usa/91197-p-01-pistol-9mm-3-8in-14rd-high-polish/

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/415005011/cz_p-01_9mm_high_polish_bright_sts_14+1

I?m referring to the label on the box with the SKU, 75b says high polish, box onbthese nly says stainless

Offline QuickDraw11

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2019, 11:26:32 PM »
A lot of website marketed them as "High Polish Stainless Steel". I do have faith in CZ but also put a lot of stock in one prominent individual who makes a living as a CZ gunsmith telling me they are chrome plated to his knowledge. A lot of others have questioned their authenticity too. I've sent several emails to CZ but still no reply. I will call on Monday because this needs to be put to bed.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2019, 03:04:45 PM »
IMO it has been.  From statements here regarding how they where sold and what the box says I would take the word of CZ rather than a gunsmith who may or may not have even seen one.  Have used a LOT of gunsmiths in my 71 years and MOST don't have more knowledge on finishes etc than a CZ fan etc. Gunsmithing yes, general knowledge not so much.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

Offline QuickDraw11

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 03:06:16 AM »
Well it's official... not stainless. I tried cold blue on the center area where the firing block resides that is normally left unfinished and sure enough it blued. Here's a reference for those who aren't aware of what I'm talking about. I am really disappointed CZ. I have sent them several emails now with no response. I will call tomorrow but I can't believe they won't even own up to the fact that they lied to a bunch of their customers like this. I hope they make it right but I don't know how they would considering this was a limited run. They're not going to just build me one CZ P-01 in stainless. 

Offline hodge

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 06:43:23 AM »
I don't think that's a definitive test. Some stainless can take blueing (determined after doing a short search on the subject).

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »
Well it's official... not stainless. I tried cold blue on the center area where the firing block resides that is normally left unfinished and sure enough it blued. Here's a reference for those who aren't aware of what I'm talking about. I am really disappointed CZ. I have sent them several emails now with no response. I will call tomorrow but I can't believe they won't even own up to the fact that they lied to a bunch of their customers like this. I hope they make it right but I don't know how they would considering this was a limited run. They're not going to just build me one CZ P-01 in stainless. 

TROLL?

How is a copyrighted picture from Gunblast years before the release of this model proof of anything but being a troll?

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 09:04:01 AM »
If a 2010 picture of some unidentified gun is the best you can do, your argument is pretty weak
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2019, 09:19:17 PM »
Lacking any true evidence, this topic stays locked. CZ-USA has been notified if they wish to comment.

Edit to add and reopen, I now have it on good authority that the pistols in question are NOT stainless. More to follow.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 05:43:20 PM by armoredman »

Offline QuickDraw11

CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate Part 2
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
Please delete. After some thought, I've decided to not to share the information I received from CZ after the way I was treated on my last thread.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:26:49 AM by QuickDraw11 »

Offline ejb1975

Re: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate Part 2
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 11:53:23 AM »
Please delete. After some thought, I've decided to not to share the information I received from CZ after the way I was treated on my last thread.
I?m interested in what you found out if you are willing to share.  Don?t let a couple bad apples ruin everyone else?s chance to learn.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2019, 12:14:31 PM »
I?m interested in what you found out if you are willing to share.  Don?t let a couple bad apples ruin everyone else?s chance to learn.

CZ - USA confirmed that the guns were nickel plated- pretty much as many of us speculated. Mystery solved. Hopefully this thread won't be deleted, not sure why it would.

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 12:36:00 PM »
Lacking any true evidence, this topic stays locked. CZ-USA has been notified if they wish to comment.

Edit to add and reopen, I now have it on good authority that the pistols in question are NOT stainless. More to follow.
To clarify, you are saying the pistols in question SKU 91197 are in fact not stainless steel?
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Maynard

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2019, 01:09:35 PM »
What did the label on the box say from the factory?