Author Topic: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate  (Read 24601 times)

Offline ejb1975

Re: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate Part 2
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
Please delete. After some thought, I've decided to not to share the information I received from CZ after the way I was treated on my last thread.
I?m interested in what you found out if you are willing to share.  Don?t let a couple bad apples ruin everyone else?s chance to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CZ - USA confirmed that the guns were nickel plated- pretty much as many of us speculated. Mystery solved. Hopefully this thread won't be deleted, not sure why it would.
That was definitely what I was thinking on those, glad it was confirmed.  Did CZ say if it was stainless under the plating?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Maynard

Re: CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »
Lacking any true evidence, this topic stays locked. CZ-USA has been notified if they wish to comment.

Edit to add and reopen, I now have it on good authority that the pistols in question are NOT stainless. More to follow.
To clarify, you are saying the pistols in question SKU 91197 are in fact not stainless steel?

It sounds like they aren't even hard chromed.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
Please delete. After some thought, I've decided to not to share the information I received from CZ after the way I was treated on my last thread.
I?m interested in what you found out if you are willing to share.  Don?t let a couple bad apples ruin everyone else?s chance to learn.

CZ - USA confirmed that the guns were nickel plated- pretty much as many of us speculated. Mystery solved. Hopefully this thread won't be deleted, not sure why it would.
That was definitely what I was thinking on those, glad it was confirmed.  Did CZ say if it was stainless under the plating?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, just that they're high gloss nickel plated. It also mentioned that they're still extremely rare.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

So is there any documentation of CZ saying this, so far haven?t seen anything concrete aside from people saying that CZ said it. I was trying to tell a buddy about this because he has one of the pistols in question but he is calling BS.
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2019, 01:47:31 PM »
The message from CZ USA was posted here then removed a short time later.

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »

If it was from CZ, why take it down?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2019, 01:53:53 PM »

If it was from CZ, why take it down?

That would be a question for Quickdraw11.

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2019, 07:13:05 PM »
Paging @Quickdraw11 any documentation you can share with the group?
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Simon

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2019, 07:49:39 AM »
Quickdraw did post a screenshot of the email response from CZ.  I wonder what happened to that post.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2019, 10:58:46 AM »
Quickdraw did post a screenshot of the email response from CZ.  I wonder what happened to that post.

If he ever did, he edited it out himself.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline nonamehavei

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2019, 12:08:08 PM »
I am also curious @armoredman posted upthread that the ?pistols in question? were confirmed not stainless, I certainly know for a fact that armoredman would know what?s up, but would like a little more exposition on the subject as I was looking at dropping $1200 + on one of these on the secondary market, but it would certainly change my outlook if this is true. So confused at this point.
    Douglas Adams

Offline Maynard

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »
Pics started showing up online of flaking of the frame rails on the 91197. People were curious as to what the composition of the pistols in question were and some tests seemed to say they weren't stainless.

I had seen claims that CZ said they were stainless and thought the box said stainless but I could be wrong on that and don't know what CZ's stance was up to this point where the pistols in question have now been identified as nickel plated.

Really glad I passed on these.

Offline Mercs

CZ 91197 Stainless steel finish debate
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2019, 12:36:30 PM »
I had seen claims that CZ said they were stainless and thought the box said stainless but I could be wrong on that and don't know what CZ's stance was up to this point where the pistols in question have now been identified as nickel plated.

The boxes did specify ?stainless?, but not ?stainless steel?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2019, 01:20:58 PM »

The boxes did specify ?stainless?, but not ?stainless steel?

Lol, nickel is most definitely not "stainless".

Stojanovich

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2019, 08:12:23 AM »
Really glad I passed on these.

Same here.  I'm just not a fan of shiny handguns, in general, but rarity be bleeped: this is egregious.  People had been clamoring for a stainless steel compact CZ for years and these P-01's, with their horrible elctropencil'd roll marks, were most definitely marketed as 'stainless steel' guns and were purchased under that assumption.