Author Topic: You hear a bump in the night, which one do you grab?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline CrazyDave

Re: You hear a bump in the night, which one do you grab?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2019, 11:32:27 PM »
M-3 Benelli or a .45 FNX tactical.  The CZ SP-01 tac. would bring confidence too.    Lately I've been considering a short rifle or "braced pistol" in 7.62X39.   Maybe just a AK....hmmm...

I will tell you from experience that 762x39 out of anything shorter than a 12" barrel will ring your bell, I used to have a VZ 58 pistom with a 7.5" barrel and even outside it was the last gun Id shoot on range days because it was so disorienting I couldnt shoot straight after it.  Ive had a couple good concussions in my short time too and that may make me more sensitive to concussive blasts but its a driving force for me to recommend suppressors whenever possible especially on short barrels and with large calibers

Thanks for your advice.  Waiting on a can for my AR-10.   You made me rethink this.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

Re: You hear a bump in the night, which one do you grab?
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2019, 01:28:53 AM »
I removed the blast diverter from my AR.... once. It has a 10.5" barrel, and the concussion at the range felt like I got punched in the mouth. The only reason I will ever remove it again is if I get a can on the thing. With the diverter on it is still quite loud, and there is concussive blast, but it is weak, neither painful nor annoying, 100 rounds later and the only thing hurting is the shoulder.

anything