Author Topic: Sunday Fun Day - Kadet II fitting  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Sulpgnir

Sunday Fun Day - Kadet II fitting
« on: April 21, 2019, 09:14:29 PM »
Got the new kit yesterday and started fitting it to my CZ 75B today.  May eventually put it on SP-01.

Still got 3/8" to go before the hashes meet :o  May finish it tomorrow.  Want to make sure I don't take off too much, LOL.

Happy Easter!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:20:32 PM by Sulpgnir, Reason: edit »

Offline painter

Re: Sunday Fun Day - Kadet II fitting
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 06:25:48 AM »
You have to push the sliding bolt back for the hash marks to line up, just like the 9mm slide.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 02:18:28 PM »
You have to push the sliding bolt back for the hash marks to line up, just like the 9mm slide.

Thanks for the heads up!  Finally got the Kadet fitted.   Now to the Maglula mod :D

Update on the Maglula mod:  Started with a Dremel, hand file and then 600-grit paper to smooth out the edges.  One Kadet magazine loaded 10 rounds fine.  The other one was a little tougher to get the 10th round in.  I will leave them seated for now.  Hopefully, it'll get easier after a few hundred rounds :D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:41:05 PM by Sulpgnir »

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 08:03:48 PM »
Update on the Maglula mod:  Started with a Dremel, hand file and then 600-grit paper to smooth out the edges.  One Kadet magazine loaded 10 rounds fine.  The other one was a little tougher to get the 10th round in.  I will leave them seated for now.  Hopefully, it'll get easier after a few hundred rounds :D

Looks good so far
Sounds like you may need to bevel the bottom of the Beak a bit more
Try that and let me know if that helped
Den S
So tell me again how Trump was worse then the 8 years before .... AND what's coming after HIM !

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 08:11:04 PM »
Looks good so far
Sounds like you may need to bevel the bottom of the Beak a bit more
Try that and let me know if that helped
Den S
Will do!  Thanks :D

Offline adrian

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »
     Hiya and thx for your thread. Look forward to your day at the range post. If ya ever come across a used 75b SA frame for that Kadet,you will be all smiles. The 10th round is always gonna be that way. And hope ya have already put in a 17lb main/hammer spring to prevent any light strikes on its inaugural day. Be well.

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »
For my Kadet, I decided to modify my CZ 75B .40SW from DA/SA to SA by replacing the trigger and removing the disconnector, as well as re-installing the oem mainspring.  The SA pull is about 4.5#.  (About two weeks ago I polished and buffed the internals and installed a lighter 15# mainspring.)  I will pick up a 17# spring later, as it seems to be a consensus/recommendation by many great contributors here.

Removing the disconnector is not difficult if you have the right tools.  I used a drill press vice ($15 from Harbor Freight with 20% off coupon,) 1/16" solid punch and a small hammer.  It took only one big whack to loosen the pin and a small whack to get it going.  A 2mm punch was used to push it out.

Here is my CZ 75B .40SW before and after the conversion

Before

After

Here is the CZ 75B .40SW fitted with Kadet

Earlier today I went to the range and put 200 rounds through the pipe.

100 rounds of CCI Mini-mag: 100%, no issue.
100 rounds of Aguila Super Extra HV 40gr: 97%, three light strikes but all went off on second strikes.

I don't attribute the light strikes to the Kadet, as there may be quality control issues with Aguila.

I shot 50 rounds of .40SW before switching to Kadet.  It took less than a minute to switch the slides.

Thanks to Den S for his suggestion on beveling the beak.  The Maglula mod worked really well!

adrian, I do have a CZ 75B SA, as well as a SP-01.  I will try the Kadet on them later :D

Cheers,

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:38:54 AM by Sulpgnir »

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 11:50:54 AM »
Are you still having problems with Aguila?  I've been using it with my Kadet and have had zero light strikes.  Mine is a 75b SA with the stock hammer
spring.

Nice looking pistol you've got there...

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 01:14:45 AM »
Are you still having problems with Aguila?  I've been using it with my Kadet and have had zero light strikes.  Mine is a 75b SA with the stock hammer
spring.

Nice looking pistol you've got there...
Since my first trip with the Kadet, I swapped out the OEM hammer spring with a 17# spring from Wolff.  On my last trip, I had only one light strike with CCI Mini-Mags out of 100.  I did not take any Aguila with me, but I imagine I would've had between 6-10 light strikes.  I still have about 250 rounds of Aguila left.  Once they are all gone, I will probably stay with CCI Mini-Mag for the time being.  One thing I like about Aguila though is that the smoke smells nicer than others  :)

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »
Yea, the smoke smells a bit weird: not like anything else I've come across.

Strange that you're having so many light strikes.  I've got more than 1500 rounds through my
Kadet now and never had one. I've shot mostly Mini-mags and the Aquila through it since
new. 

I don't know what my stock spring measures out at: maybe it's a 20# spring, which would explain it.

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 01:24:45 PM »
I don't know what my stock spring measures out at: maybe it's a 20# spring, which would explain it.
I believe the OEM hammer spring is 20#.

Initially, I installed a 15# hammer spring and lighter FPB and firing pin spring for my 75 .40SW.  I still want to shoot the .40, as well as the Kadet; thus the 17# hammer spring is a good compromise.  SA pull is about 3# with the 17# hammer spring, which works well with both the .40SW and .22LR rounds.

Offline Ktm45

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 03:55:39 PM »
Hmmmmmm...

I have a SP01 and a 75 BSA that I have the equivalent of a CGW pro package in. They have blue 13# hammer springs in along with race hammers. I shoot Armscor 36 gr ammo. I can?t remember the last time I had a light strike. I shoot a fair bit also. I?m just lucky I guess....

Offline sberres

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »
I have 5 Kadet mags and even with the uplula all can be a little tough to get the final round in a times. It?s just a tight fit.
Alcohol, tobacco, and firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.
SB