CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ Polymer Pistols, the new wave

Best avenue too take for Milling a 07 slide and mounting a Red Dot

(1/8) > >>

m1a_scoutguy:
Hey, guys, I have some thoughts & ideas on mounting a red dot on a PO-7 slide and need some thoughts & info from guys that have gone down this road. Looking for some info on options and what has worked best for everyone. I realize everyone is different and has different ideas but in general, we are looking at the same end results I think. I know the Trijicon RMR is kinda the gold standard but I have also read and seen a lot of good info on the Holosun optic! The Vortex and maybe the Burris Fast Fire could work also, but I am kinda at the mindset of buy once cry once. But maybe not ready to go down the Aimpoint ACRO road yet,LOL ! Seems like Primary Machine is the go-to place for slide work & I do plan on calling them and asking a few questions on the options they list, I just want to be clear before I spend the $$$! I'm sure I will come up with more questions but feel free to make suggestions and get me pointed in hopefully the right direction. Thanks for any info guys,I'll be back !  ;)

Practical Shooter:
For dovetail mount red dot mounting plate, here is an option at Springer Precision :
https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-CZ-P09-P07-Dr-Burris-Venom-Dovetail-Mount-SP0328.htm

Earl Keese:
I have a P10 milled for an RMR and a 75 milled for a Venom. The slides on the 07/10's are wide and work well with the RMR. On the 10, I had it milled for a buis in front of the RMR and have been very pleased with it. The Holosun uses the same mounting pattern as the RMR, so you have another option there. Not sure about the ACRO, but it sure looks...big.
 My 75 was done just for match use, so buis were unnecessary. It all comes down to preference and purpose. One thing is for sure though, you can't go wrong with Primary Machine - great work and fast turn around.

DOC 1500:

--- Quote from: Earl Keese on April 22, 2019, 08:03:16 AM ---I have a P10 milled for an RMR and a 75 milled for a Venom. The slides on the 07/10's are wide and work well with the RMR. On the 10, I had it milled for a buis in front of the RMR and have been very pleased with it. The Holosun uses the same mounting pattern as the RMR, so you have another option there. Not sure about the ACRO, but it sure looks...big.
 My 75 was done just for match use, so buis were unnecessary. It all comes down to preference and purpose. One thing is for sure though, you can't go wrong with Primary Machine - great work and fast turn around.

--- End quote ---

+1000 👍👍👍 using Primary Machines.
I sent them my P-O9 slide and Vortex Viper RDS to be mounted.
They milled the slide for the RDS , cerakoted titanium, then mounted the RDS. The Milling is so tight you couldn't put a hair between the RDS and the slide.  Since I've had it , I have drawn out of the holster several hundred times , the cerekoting on the slide shows no signs of wear whatsoever .
 Their work is impeccable I highly recommend them.

[Mods resized photos]

m1a_scoutguy:

--- Quote from: Practical Shooter on April 22, 2019, 07:08:22 AM ---For dovetail mount red dot mounting plate, here is an option at Springer Precision :
https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-CZ-P09-P07-Dr-Burris-Venom-Dovetail-Mount-SP0328.htm

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Earl Keese on April 22, 2019, 08:03:16 AM ---
I have a P10 milled for an RMR and a 75 milled for a Venom. The slides on the 07/10's are wide and work well with the RMR. On the 10, I had it milled for a buis in front of the RMR and have been very pleased with it. The Holosun uses the same mounting pattern as the RMR, so you have another option there. Not sure about the ACRO, but it sure looks...big.
 My 75 was done just for match use, so buris was unnecessary. It all comes down to preference and purpose. One thing is for sure though, you can't go wrong with Primary Machine - great work and fast turn around.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info guys! Hmmm, that's a viable option I think with the plate from Springer-Precision, looks like it would sit a tick higher but nothing terrible! Using the "plate" would save the cost of the machining and ya can go back to stock if I decided I didn't care for it. Bottom line is my eyes are 65ish years old so "anything" that helps me see/acquire my targets is a big plus! I am also looking at buying a 2nd slide so I could go back and forth if I wanted, just have one set up for the red dot and one standard. I do carry my 07 so that is something to consider, but being my carry gun it is the one I shoot 99% of the time for range work/training/competition,, so maybe the more permanent machining work is a better choice! Appreciate the pic's also, I'll keep looking and learning and any more pic's, info or thoughts are a bonus. Thanks! I'll keep ya posted!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version