Author Topic: Dawson Precision Tritium Night Sights Installation Question  (Read 3118 times)

Offline BaconandBeer

Dawson Precision Tritium Night Sights Installation Question
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:00 PM »
Thinking about picking these up for new SP-01 compact next month, just curious about the installation process.

The guys at Cajun told me I may have to open up the front notch pin hole and do some slight fitting. I confess to my ignorance, I have no idea what that means or what kind of tools that would require--newb over here. 

Offline Ken6PPC

Re: Dawson Precision Tritium Night Sights Installation Question
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
You need a couple files.  Watch Dawson's sight fitting videos. 

On a CZ, you may have to open up the notch on the front sight as well, so the sight pin will go in.  Just use a triangle file, and work slowly. 

On ALL sight installations, it is always prudent to go slow, because it is always easier to remove more metal than it is to ADD more metal! 

Offline BaconandBeer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
Thanks, won't pick them up till next month, but I'll give it a shot! Doesn't look too bad.

Offline Robbtheslobb

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 12:47:50 AM »
I just installed the truglo TFX sights in my P-01. I hope you don?t have as much trouble as I did knocking the stock rear sight out. What a pain in the @$$

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 11:41:42 PM »
Thinking about picking these up for new SP-01 compact next month, just curious about the installation process.

The guys at Cajun told me I may have to open up the front notch pin hole and do some slight fitting. I confess to my ignorance, I have no idea what that means or what kind of tools that would require--newb over here.

I just finished installing these in my steel P-01.
I did not have to notch the front to get the roll pin to clear.
It tapped in very nicely.
I did a new bushing while I was there.

The factory rear sight was in fact in there to stay and took a fair amount of force to dislodge it.
I did have to file a bit to make the rear fit.  No big deal if you have a set of small files.
All in all, it was a pretty easy job.

Offline BaconandBeer

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 01:55:27 PM »
Nice, had a chance to try them out yet? If so tell us what you think of them.

Long story but despite receiving the sights last week, I haven?t had a chance to install them and won?t till this upcoming weekend. I plan on taking her to a local gunsmith to install some new trigger parts and look into some FTF issues I had, so I may just have them do it to save me some time, trial and error.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »
Yes.  The new sights work as advertised.  They give a slightly longer sight radius than the factory sights, but you couldn?t tell that from my shooting! LOL

Offline reyper

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 10:23:15 AM »
Even the guys at CGW told me they were a difficult job. I had them do all mine and they were perfect. Rey

Offline Ken6PPC

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 09:09:06 PM »
Even the guys at CGW told me they were a difficult job. I had them do all mine and they were perfect. Rey

Difficult?  Huh? 

Really? 

anything