Author Topic: asked but denied  (Read 2966 times)

Offline recoilguy

asked but denied
« on: April 26, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
I needed a new Gun bag/box for shooting and getting my stuff around at the events I shoot at.
I am getting older and carrying all that stuff on my shoulder was getting to be a bit much.
I am having fun now as I get a bit less serious and have decided to compete in a few different divisions because I have a few different guns.
I will never be a great shooter but I bet it would be hard to find someone who enjoys it more then I do
So I bought a Black Stanley tool box with wheels

I shoot a CZ SP-01 when I shoot Production - Back up is a CZ75DB
I shoot a Tanfoglio Limited Custom when I shoot limited division
I shoot a Sig P320RX when I shoot Carry Optics.

The box is big and black and truthfully pretty ugly so I emailed the 3 gun Mfgs (importer) I compete with and asked them for a sticker to put on my box.
I want it to look more like a gun box and not be so ugly. I also got one from LOK grips who gladly sent one my way, because they are great to their customers!

EAA said "sure we would be glad to send something" look for a box in the next week, enjoy and thank you for shooting EAA
Sig said Thank you for choosing Sig - we will gladly send you a package. look for it to arrive at your door in 1 - 2 weeks
CZ said "if you want a sticker go to the store link provided and buy one."

No ill will here at all, I was just surprised by the stark contrast in the answer. I own a long shelf full of CZ's and will surely compete with them when I shoot Production. Shoot them when its range day and be glad they make such a fine gun!!!!! I love the guns, Maybe CZ has seen me shoot, and are embarrassed to have their sticker on my box...?...LOL  Old, slow guys, that need a box on wheels to get their stuff around might not be the demographic they are looking for.

RCG

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:03:55 PM by recoilguy »
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

Offline adrian

Re: asked but denied
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »
     Hiya recoil guy and thx for the thread. I can relate, pushing 60 and out of shape,and carrying an extra 40lbs before I even reach for the range bag. I do appreciate the difference in carrying it back from rather to the range. Glad ya found a solution with the Stanley box. As an aside tho, the tool box without the swag could have been a choice made to not advertise that what lies inside are firearms. Where millions are made having a holster look like a purse,fanny pack,purse etc. With home invasions happening once every 7 minutes, and given the choice to advertise ,I have guns, or not. So shining the light that cz denied your request for free swag could be perceived as something less negative. EAA and Sig reps are certainly more marketing savvy, where companies pay for ads per viewer,and pay a premium to get viewed by their highest target,other gun owners. And I can see the initial contact at cz-usa deny a request for free merch,but if asked to be connected to the marketing dept. I'd lean towards you getting your free sticker. Be well.

Offline mdshotgunner

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
You should send them a picture of all of your CZ?s with a for sale sign in front on them. And the responses you received from the other companies.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 11:19:28 AM »
Really I was hoping someone would say.....Hey I got one ?...want it?
Oh well

RCG

Offline Coyote56

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 10:40:38 PM »
I do something similar with microbrewery stickers on my outdoor beer refrigerator. (Most) Brewers love giving those away...

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2019, 11:49:24 AM »
Buy your own.

;D

F

I did buy one, I'm not anti CZ in any way at all. I love my CZ's Would never stop using them. I just wanted to make my box look better and I thought a sticker with my favorite gun manufacturer would make more sense then putting a Walther, Springfield, or a S&W sticker on my box. So in the end I will have CZ represented on my box. I am not putting the stickers on my picture window they are on the box I haul around at gun ranges. If I need a sticker there for someone to figure I have a gun then...??.

I was simply surprised by the contrast in reactions, and I guarantee CZ had no thought at all of my homes safety or welfare. They expect their customers to pay to advertise for them. So I did. Now I will move on to my next situation or event. Happy summer everyone!!!!!

RCG

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
Perhaps someone was too busy or unhappy with the upcoming move to Little Rock to feel magnanimous. Or as my Czech friends would say, you experienced authentic Czech customer service . Happy summer to you, too and an end to fussing with first world problems.

Offline radagast

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 01:47:23 PM »
      At 70, I've decide life is way too short for the tiniest bit of aggravation or animosity !  I just find company logos online, capture them, and print em out . Slap them on with clear vinyl and they look fine.
      Great that you're competing !  Send their decal back with a few shots through it LOL
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline baldrage

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »
      At 70, I've decide life is way too short for the tiniest bit of aggravation or animosity !  I just find company logos online, capture them, and print em out . Slap them on with clear vinyl and they look fine.
      Great that you're competing !  Send their decal back with a few shots through it LOL

Yep, I do the same thing -- only one of those was bought from CZ-USA store, and the CGW I got with an order, but the rest I made myself.  Anyone recognize the logo on the top left?  ;D

ammobox by baldrage, on Flickr

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »

^^^^This!

@RCG: Maybe they're just salty and frustrated as a company because many don't even bother to shoot their pistols stock but rather end up spending hundreds of dollars in upgrades just to have an acceptable trigger and sight picture :o
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2019, 12:45:53 PM »
https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/rangecart-pro

More and more shooters of all ages are using a rolling range bag. The one above is expensive but very nice.

I use a beach cart for a big match and three of us pile our stuff in there. For carbine match or revolver match I bought a 3 wheel baby stroller from a thrift store and it is a dream to push around.