Author Topic: Anyone Here Own (or Have Shot) a New Ithaca 1911?  (Read 206 times)

Offline Radom

• HGWT
Anyone Here Own (or Have Shot) a New Ithaca 1911?
« on: May 02, 2019, 01:00:13 PM »
The old ones are pretty celebrated by collectors.  Also, I have spoken to several Vietnam veterans who would deliberately seek them out from the armorers' stock.  However, that doesn't mean much when we start considering the new production Ithaca pistols. 

Long story short, if the new ones are worth the price tag ($1,500 - $2,500), I would be interested.  To be blunt, I own a few Ithaca shotguns, and I am willing to spend a little extra for the "name on the slide."

I realize this is inherently subjective (bought several good used cars for less), but I think you get my idea here!
The artist formerly known as FEG...

Offline bang bang

Re: Anyone Here Own (or Have Shot) a New Ithaca 1911?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 04:14:33 PM »
for what its worth, people will buy and pay for things according to what they want and if they have an endgame and think for whatever its "worth it" to them.  Some people dont feel ANY gun is worth more than 500 bucks or so.  its all up to the individual.

I got my older war horse 1911s because they were those old war horses.  Everytime i pick them up, i think what they would say if they could.  The new ones... are just new.  Yes, they may have the name on it, but sometimes i go for the story even though you shouldnt buy any gun based off that.  But its my money.    There was an colt 1911 at one of our gun shows.  The owner had all of the paperwork from the soldier that it was issued to and the paperwork to bring it back too boot.  you dont see that much now.  Was seriously considering buying it, but not anymore.  selling toys now. but it would have been fun.

im not sure if you looked at any of the older war horses, but you may find one in reasonable condition and a shooter to boot.  I would love a NIB/NOS 1911 from the WWII era, but if i were to buy it, i probably would not shoot it and then wouldn't have as much fun as daydreaming about the old and used war horses i have that i can shoot.